2013-02-27 03:06:41 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Greece Telecommunications Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: The Greek telecommunications market remains under pressure on all fronts as the new government's austerity measures hit household budgets and individuals' propensity to spend on nonessential services. The mobile market - which BMI believes is overinflated through the continued inclusion of inactive accounts and multiple SIM ownership - is already contracting on the postpaid front. Operators are responding with pricing changes and better value product bundles. Meanwhile, the 3G and mobile broadband markets are growing steadily and it is only demand for OTE's unbundled local loops that prevents the fixed-line market from contracting faster than it should.
* Mobile Growth was subdued in 2012 owing to increased take-up of prepaid and 3G/mobile broadband services. Wider availability of
the operators' HSPA+ networks and increased access to spectrum have helped.
* Our 3G forecasts have been raised as growth reported by key operators in 2012 exceeded expectations.
* Vodafone's ARPU dropped sharply in 9M12 as further MTR reductions took effect and fewer postpaid subscribers resulted in lower contributions from non-basic services.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541198_greece_telecommunications_report_q2_2 ..
Key Trends & DevelopmentsCosmote, Vodafone and WIND Hellas spent much of 2012 changing the prices of their business and mass-market mobile subscription plans, emphasising the lower costs for individual and family plans while beefing up enterprise plans and adding more 'free' monthly data and messaging allowances to further incentive consumers. At the same time, Vodafone and Cosmote have added the latest smartphones and tablet computers to their portfolios. The full impact of these efforts may not become apparent until early 2013; even so, we expect margins to be compromised and ARPUs to be pressured.
Vodafone's withdrawal of its offer to acquire WIND Hellas from its creditors leaves WIND in a difficult position at a time when it most needs financial security and a clearer business strategy. Suggestions that WIND might partner with rival fixed broadband operator CYTA Hellas (which aspires to become an MVNO) have yet to bear fruit.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile, 2010-2017
- Table: Mobile ARPU Forecasts, EUR per Month (2010-2017)
- Fixed Line
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line, 2010-2017
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Western Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Western Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q213
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Greece Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2011
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Market Shares
- Table: Greek Mobile Market, Q312
- Table: Greek Mobile Net Additions, Q312
- Usage (MoU/ARPU)
- Mobile Content
- Table: Market Overview
- Table: Cosmote
- Table: Vodafone
- Table: WIND Hellas
- Western Europe Mobile Content
- Financialising Footfall
- Interoperable M-Commerce A Stronger Proposition
- Positioning Key To M2M Success
- Fixed Line
- Table: Greek Fixed-Line Market - Total Voice Minutes, Q312 and Q311 (mn)
- Table: Greece's Fixed Broadband Market, Q312
- Local Loop Unbundling
- Table: Alternative Operators' LLU Connections, 2011-2012
- Table: Forthnet NOVA Subscribers, 2011-2012
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Greece Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Legisation And Market Liberalisation
- Regulatory Developments
- Key Players
- Table: Key Players - Greece Telecoms Sector
- Table: Selected Operators' Finance Performance
- Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (OTE)
- Vodafone Greece
- WIND Hellas
- Hellas Online (HOL)
- Gemalto Product Portfolio Compensates For Macro Weakness
- Table: Gemalto Financial Performance (EURmn)
- Greece Demographic Data
- Table: Greece's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Greece's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Greece's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Greece's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.