2012-09-18 03:53:24 - Hospital Acquired Bacterial Infections Market to 2017 - Niche Players are Most Active in R&D, Positioning Them as Potential Acquisition Targets for Big Pharma - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Hospital Acquired Bacterial Infections Market to 2017 - Niche Players are Most Active in R&D, Positioning Them as Potential Acquisition Targets for Big Pharma provides in-depth analysis of drivers and barriers that impact the global Hospital Acquired Bacterial Infections (HABI) market. The report analyzes the markets for hospital acquired bacterial infections in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, sales, prices are forecast until 2017 for the key geographies as well as the leading therapeutic segments. Further, the report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and analyzes the mergers, acquisitions and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
The global hospital acquired bacterial infections market mainly comprises
of four indications which are Urinary Tract Infections (UTI), pneumonia, Bloodstream Infections (BSI) and Surgical Site Infections (SSI). The total market of HABI is dependent on the major infections which are mainly caused by multi-drug resistant bacteria. Increasing human resistance to anti-bacterials leads to a need for advanced therapies to treat bacterial infections. Patent expiry of major antibacterials like Zyvox, Invanz, Tobi and Levaquin is set to erode the HABI market. This decline in the market will not be corrected by new product launches of pipeline molecules. Pharmaceutical companies show less interest in antibacterial R&D due to low Return on Investment (RoI). The lifespan of antibacterials is frequently limited due to the development of drug resistance. Big Pharma prefers acquiring small and niche pharmaceutical companies to widen their antibacterial pipeline portfolio.
The HABI market will show decline in the forecast period. The market is forecast to decline at a negative CAGR of 3.4% in the forecast period 2010â2017. Decline in the HABI market will be due to two main reasons. Firstly, there is resistance developed against antibacterials which makes existing antibacterials obsolete in some conditions. Secondly, there is an increase in hospital surveillance which leads to a decline in HABIs. Based on CDC data, 20% to 30% of hospital acquired infections can be prevented by infection control programs. There is formation of government bodies which are making it mandatory for hospitals to cut down on the spread of infections in the healthcare setup.
- Annualized market data for the HABI market from 2002 to 2010, forecast forward to 2017.
- Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments, including UTI, Pneumonia, SSI and BSI.
- Analysis of the HABI market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan.
- Market characterization of the HABI market, including market size, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns.
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market.
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Pfizer, J&J, Cubist and other niche companies like Trius Therapeutics and Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals.
- Key M&A activities, licensing agreements, that have taken place since 2004 in HABI market.
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies and niche companies which are helpful in extending pipeline portfolio.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill portfolio gaps.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.