2013-08-30 08:23:49 - Recently published research from Verdict Research, "How Britain Shops 2013 Footwear | Verdict Consumer Report", is now available at Fast Market Research
The share of footwear shoppers has continued to decline, as discretionary spending remains under pressure and shoppers prioritise disposable incomes and transfer spend to other sectors. Range remains the key driver of loyalty in the footwear sector, and while price's importance has diminished slightly, it remains the second most cited loyalty driver.
Scope of this Report
* Identify how main players in footwear drive loyalty and which stores are favoured by disloyal customers to improve your own shopper penetration
* Understand which strategies are most effective at driving customer loyalty in footwear and justify your own business investments
* Data is segmented regionally and by demographic and socio-economic group to enable you to identify which customer groups offer the most opportunities
Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/671072_how_britain_shops_2013_footwear_|_ver ..
Consumers aged between 16-24 years old have cut back on footwear shopping, with the percentage that shop for footwear falling to 15.2% - down 0.6 percentage points on the previous year. These consumers have been among the hit worst during the recession with the enforcement of university tuition fees & rising youth unemployment.
The percentage of loyal main users identifying price as their main driver of loyalty for footwear has declined by 2.8 percentage points to 40.5%. While price remains the second highest driver of loyalty, it is clear that shoppers are looking for value for money and are not solely focused on the cheapest price.
Main user loyalty has continued to decline, but at a much steeper rate, with a drop to 85.3% in 2013. Just three of the retailers achieved higher loyalty scores than in 2012 - Next, Primark and Asda. This highlights their strength in the market, with quality, price & convenience, respectively, being the standout reasons for their success.
Reasons to Get this Report
How has the profile of the consumers shopping at the main footwear players changed over the past year and what has caused this?
* What drives consumers to shop for footwear at both you and your competitors? What makes them disloyal?
* How many other stores do your shoppers use for footwear and what stores are these? Will these be a threat going forward?
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK?s leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.