2013-01-29 14:56:01 - Recently published research from Verdict Research, "How Ireland Shops 2012| Verdict Market & Consumer Report : Homewares", is now available at Fast Market Research
Discover which consumers are likely to spend over the next two years on homewares in Ireland and adapt your strategy to exploit the potential. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors in the market and what drives sector customer loyalty and use it to strengthen share in a highly competitive sector.
* Data is segmented regionally and by demographic and socio-economic group to enable you to identify which customer bases offer the most opportunities
* Using a profile of what kind of shopper visits your competitors and what drives them to shop there, devise strategies to win them away and take share
* Gain a comprehensive view of the Irish retail market in homewares, including total spend and market
shares of the leading retailers for 2011.
* Utilise regional data to amend location strategies to exploit highest growth potential
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/530277_how_ireland_shops_2012|_verdict_marke ..
Retailers in Ireland have gone from boom to bust as the recession hit - retail spending has fallen by EUR8.6bn since 2008. Wage cuts and unemployment have produced a big drop in average earnings, squeezing consumers' spending ability. But the research reveals there is increased optimism about the future among Irish consumers.
The largest group of optimists are in the 25-49 age group. This is a big bounce back for these consumers, especially those at the family lifestage, and indicates greater opportunities for retailers to sell to them in 2013/14.year than last, so it appears they feel that things can only get better.
Though it has shrunk by 30% since its peak in 2008, homewares is a more robust sector than DIY or furniture & floorcoverings. Having smaller ticket items means purchasing in this sector has less impact on the overall budget and often there is a lot of gift purchasing in the sector.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Confirm which competitors your customers prefer and why, and develop strategies to counteract their disloyalty
* Ascertain which factors are important to sector shoppers and adapt your merchandising and marketing to satisfy these.
* Reduce risk by understanding when and if growth will return to the market
* Modify merchandising strategy to match consumer attitudes to price/range/quality by sector
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK's leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.