2012-09-07 16:02:15 - New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI projects that Indian consumer electronics spending will grow by about 17% in US dollar terms in 2012 to US$32.4bn, driven by rising incomes and growing affordability. Only nine out of 1,000 people in India own a computer, one-fifth of the level in China. Meanwhile, Indian mobile penetration is about 57%. Another driver is that 45% of India's population is under 25. Spending on consumer electronics devices is projected to grow at an overall CAGR of 15% through to 2016, with the key segments including low-cost mobile handsets, colour TV sets, set-top boxes and notebook computers. Much of the growth during BMI's five-year forecast period will be driven by growing demand from India's relatively underpenetrated rural areas.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/456340_india_consumer_electronics_report_q3_ ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$8.3bn in 2011 to US$9.3bn in 2012, +11.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to weaker than expected sales in Q411 as a result of component shortages linked to the floods in Thailand.
AV sales: US$10.6bn in 2011 to US$13.4bn in 2012, +27% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with TV sets expected to provide the most dynamic development.
Report Table of Contents:
- India Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- India Electronics Industry SWOT
- India Political SWOT
- India Economic SWOT
- India Business Environment SWOT
Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Consumer Electronics Risk/Reward Ratings, Q312
- Table: Computer Sales, 2009-2016
- Low-Cost PCs
- Table: Total Desktop Sales
- Table: AV Sales, 2009-2016
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Communications: Demand, 2009-2016
Consumer Electronics Industry
- Table: Electronics Output, 2009-2016
- Table: Computers, Sales, 2009-2016
- Table: AV: Production, 2009-2016
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Communications: Production, 2009-2016
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2009-2016
- Government Authority
- Table: India - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Company Profiles
- HCL Infosystems
- Mirc Electronics Ltd (Onida)
- Table: India's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: India's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: India's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: India's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.