2013-03-16 11:20:23 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Indonesia Autos Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI remains bullish on growth in Indonesia's auto sector. Despite the introduction of new regulations regarding minimum down payments on vehicle purchases in June 2012 and a further tightening of legislation in September 2012 to include shari'a lending as well, Indonesia's total vehicle sales for 2012 came in at 1.116mn units, a record high.
Given that auto sales picked up in September 2012, the market has somewhat digested this new legislation for vehicle sales and we expect 2013 to be another record year for total industry sales. BMI currently expects vehicle sales to grow by an annual average of 8.9% over the 2013-2017 period.
While motorcycle sales suffered and contracted by 12% in 2012, we expect them to stage a recovery
in 2013, and grow by 6%.
Although we regard Indonesia as a prominent South East Asian auto hub, we believe the rapid and timely expansion of the Tanjung Priok car terminal will be critical for Indonesia to retain its attractiveness as an alternative production base compared to Thailand.
Full Report Details at
With Toyota already investing into models which fall under the low-cost green car (LCGC) policy, we see potential for other automakers to follow suit and take advantage of this scheme by the government. As such, we believe this scheme will provide a nice tailwind for auto production growth in 2013 and beyond. We forecast auto production to grow by an annual average of 9.4% over the 2013-2017 period.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Indonesia Automotive Market Overview
- Table: Indonesia Automotive Market: Auto Trade Balance
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Indonesia Automotive Market: Passenger Car Sales And Production
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Indonesia Automotive Market: Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Indonesia Automotive Market: Motorcycles, 2010-2017
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Trade Deterioration Slowing...
- ...But Risks Seen In Portfolio Account
- Risks To Outlook
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Business Environment Ratings - Autos Industry Asia Pacific
- Company Monitor
- Toyota Astra Motor
- Suzuki Indomobil Motor
- Asia Overview
- Thailand: Sales And Production Will Continue Posting Healthy Increases
- Malaysia: Sales To Grow And Production Finally More Stable
- Australia: Sales To Contract Due To Tough Macroeconomic Conditions
- Japan: Bearish On Sales, Production To Remain Subdued
- China: Rebalancing Story To Favour Passenger Cars
- India: Government Regulatory Risks In Play
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Passenger Car Sales, Units, 2012
- Japan To Contract, But US Safe (For Now)
- Europe Over The Worst?
- Even Russia Will Hit The Brakes
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Indonesia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Indonesia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Indonesia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Indonesia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Automobile Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.