2012-10-22 02:25:53 - Indonesia Oil and Gas Report Q4 2012 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Oil and gas exports form one of the key pillars of the Indonesian economy although the outlook for the sector is becoming increasingly uncertain given dwindling oil reserves in the country´s maturing fields. The government has recently put in place measures to incentivise oil companies to conduct deep-sea exploration in a bid to increase total reserves. Greater domestic consumption leading to higher imports and lesser exports will be a key trend in the years to come.
The main trends and developments we highlight for Indonesia´s Oil and Gas sector are:
- We have revised up our 2016 crude oil and gas liquids production forecast from 927,800 barrels per day (b/d) to 954,060b/d due to increased production from ExxonMobil´s Cepu field, which is
to reach peak production of 165,000b/d by late 2014. Associated condensate production from Total´s South Mahakam project and Chevron´s Gendalo-Gehem development will also contribute to production growth. Nonetheless, the country will remain a net importer of oil â with 2016 consumption forecast at 1.50mn b/d as domestic electricity demand in the country expands along with economic growth.
- Under current production sharing contracts (PSCs), the government takes 85% of oil production while the remaining 15% goes to the oil contractor. For deep-sea oil projects, the government is willing to decrease its stake to 65% in a bid to incentivise oil companies to conduct deep-sea oil exploration. Without the discovery of any major oil deposits, we expect the country´s proven oil reserves to decline from 4bn barrels (bbl) in 2011 to 3.62bn bbl by 2021.
- Steps are being taken to cope with rapidly rising demand for fuel and electricity. The government has been considering scrapping fuel subsidies for private cars â starting on April 1 2012 in Greater Jakarta and later for other parts of Java and Bali. However, these have been met with considerable political opposition.
- Natural gas production is expected to have hit a near-term peak of around 76.6bn cubic meters (bcm) in 2011. The country´s gas consumption is on the rise and is forecast to reach 54.5bcm by 2016. We expect natural gas exports to rise slightly from 33.8bcm in 2011 to 36.4bcm by 2016.
- Production from Indonesia´s East Natuna gas project is unlikely to start before 2022, and bringing the large-scale project onstream could cost up to US$40bn. The Natuna D-Alpha block is estimated to hold 1.29trn cubic metres (tcm) of recoverable gas reserves, making it the largest single gas field in Asia.
- Domestic consumption is set to drive crude oil imports to US$18.03bn by 2016 from US$12.84bn in 2011. Natural gas exports will also be diverted domestically, with exports set to decline from US$18.09bn in 2011 down to US$16.88bn in 2016.
- At the time of writing we assume an OPEC basket oil price for 2012 of US$107.05/bbl, falling to US$99.10/bbl in 2013. Global GDP in 2012 is forecast at 2.6%, down from an assumed 3.1% in 2011, reflecting a faltering recovery in the US and an uncertain eurozone debt situation. For 2013, growth is estimated at 3.2%.The price of this market report covers 4 quarterly reports on this sector. This quarterly report will be downloadable instantly as a PDF document, with the 3 remaining reports delivered at regular intervals throughout the year.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Market-R ..
Browse all Energy and Utilities Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Market-R ..
Browse all Energy and Utilities Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Company- ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.