2012-06-12 19:11:24 - Innovations in the Delivery of Peptides - Market Research Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Peptides are an important class of drugs, but their potential for treating chronic diseases will be fully realized only if more acceptable delivery methods than daily injections can be developed. Recognition of this has led to advances in oral, intranasal, inhaled, transdermal, and buccal formulations. This report analyses the products and companies at the forefront of such research.
- Assess the breadth of innovations that have been applied to the delivery of peptide drugs.
- Compare the various technologies developed for use within particular indications.
- Evaluate the merits and limitations of each company´s peptide delivery solutions.
- Gain insight from analysis of the patents filed to protect specific delivery technologies.
- Understand the technical principles on which the delivery technologies are based.
demise of Exubera, an inhaled insulin product, has had a knock-on effect on the inhaled insulin technologies and there are now few still in development, despite products offering strong advantages such as fast absorption, fast onset of action, and a non-invasive mode of administration.
New oral nanotechnology peptide formulations are showing promise, particularly in the area of insulin and GLP-1 analog delivery. New long-acting peptides and controlled release injectable formulations are extending peptide half-lives significantly, leading to weekly and even monthly subcutaneous injectable formulations.
First- and second-generation transdermal patch technologies were not suitable for peptide drug delivery due to the need for low molecular weight and low dose loading, but third-generation patch technologies (such as thermal ablation, microneedles, vesicular carriers, and iontophoresis) are offering promise in the delivery of several peptides.
Reasons to Buy
- What type of delivery technologies are available to those developing peptide therapeutics?
- What peptide delivery challenges are the innovations intended to overcome?
- Which indications offer the greatest advances by investment in delivery technologies?
- Which companies have already formed partnerships with the inventors of cutting-edge delivery techniques?
- What hurdles remain for specific technologies and how far are they from being employed in a commercialized drug?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.