2012-09-27 23:41:34 - Interacting with KOLs: Fulfilling Current Unmet Needs - Market Research Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The symbiotic relationship between key opinion leaders (KOLs) and the pharmaceutical industry is dynamic and ever-changing. But while the industry knows what it wants from KOLs, what do KOLs need from the industry?
In a fascinating new premium series, FirstWord digs into the mindset of leading KOLs from around the world to offer the industry their views on critical issues. Focusing on different KOL groups, the series will deliver insights that will not only help the industry understand KOL needs, but strengthen the relationship and use their work even more strategically to maximize the value of KOL expertise and influence.
In Interacting with Oncology KOLs: Fulfilling Unmet Needs, FirstWord examines the impact of transparency on KOLs and their strong desire for
greater involvement in drug development, trial design and post-trial follow up. The report, based on interviews with 15 KOLs from across Europe, the US and Canada, uncovers oncology KOLs´ views on the industry´s digital media usage, level of disease knowledge amongst pharma personnel, CME spending and the high staff turnover rate within the industry. Offering the KOL perspective on what works, what doesn´t and what they want to see going forward, the report delivers exceptional and decisive insight into the KOL mind.
- Opinions from 15 KOLs based at oncology centers in North America and Europe
- Insight into how KOLs view transparency and how it will impact KOL-industry relationships going forward
- How KOLs expertise can be utilized in trial design and strategies
- Insight into how to maximize benefits from the KOL-industry relationship in areas such as CME
- Perspectives from KOLs on future partnerships and constructive change
Reasons To Buy
- Expert insight from KOLs that will provide insight for strategizing and ensuring maximum impact from clinician partnerships
- Insight on the cornerstones of the KOL-industry relationship and how they can be influenced
- Specific examples showing how KOL engagement can be improved
Key Questions Asked
- What are the key issues KOLs raise regarding their relationship with industry?
- What changes do KOLs want to see in regards to issues like digital media and the requirements of oncologists?
- How KOLs see their role in trial design and post-trial feedback?
Who Would Benefit From This Report?
- Medical and scientific affairs managers
- Clinical trial executives
- Key account and territory managers
- Marketing, brand and sales managers
- Medical science liaisons
- Business development executives
- Regulatory and government affairs professionals
"When I send my juniors to a meeting in the US, they don´t get the credit. Likewise, people from the US attend European meetings but they don´t get any reward. The systems are not talking to each other. Pharma should assist us in developing a much better deal, which looks at the needs from both windows."
â Professor Riccardo Audisio, M.D., Consultant Surgical Oncologist - St Helens Teaching Hospital, St Helens, UK
"You are greeted by completely new people, who have new ideas, and then you have to start over. It´s frustrating having new people all the time and having nobody pay attention."
â Professor Paul Bunn, MD, Professor of medicine (medical oncology), head of the division of medical oncology, University of Colorado, Denver
"The one change I would like to see is to have the companies be more disease-specific; develop teams that are around a disease process rather than around a drug."
â KOL from the University of Pittsburgh, US
"Advisory board meetings often arrive at a number of good suggestions, but there´s never any follow-up. You have a really experienced group of clinicians in the middle of a heated discussion, and then a year or two years goes by, and what really came out of it? So some sort of feedback mechanism, I think, would be a beneficial addition to the current model."
â Professor Oliver Sartor, Medical Director of the Tulane Cancer Center, Tulane University, New Orleans
Professor and Director, Myeloma Research, John Theurer Cancer Center at HUMC, New Jersey, US
- Professor and Oncologist at Cancer Medicine Department, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Italy
- Professor of Oncology and Head of the Department of Medical Oncology at the University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
- Senior Vice President of Clinical Affairs and National Director for Medical Oncology, Cancer Treatment Centers of America , US
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine and Blood Diseases at University of Southern California, US
- Haemotologist and Oncologist at University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Medical Director of the Tulane Cancer Center at Tulane University, New Orleans, US
- Oncologist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Professor of Surgery at the University of Toronto, Canada
- Professor and oncologist at University of Colorado, Denver, US
- Professor and medical oncologist at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, US
- Oncologist at University Hospital of Canton Vaud, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist at St Helens Teaching Hospital, St Helens, UK
- Hemato-medical oncologist at Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg (CHL), Luxembourg
- Professor and Chairman of the Department of Clinical Therapeutics at the University Athens School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.