2013-02-27 03:11:59 - New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The report examines the trends occurring in the country's current and future defence procurement, and the order of battle across its armed forces. The intention is to provide a clear and concise discussion of these issues. The report's general conclusion is that Iraq remains at serious risk of fragmentation, partly as a result of the failure of its political parties to work together, and also due to the increasingly bloody insurgency that continues to take the lives of hundreds of civilians each month.
A new offensive by al-Qaeda in the second half of 2012 has caused hundreds of deaths in dozens of towns and cities across the country, with the security services seemingly powerless to stop them. Regionally, Iraq remains
highly vulnerable to instability in Syria and also to the designs of Iran, which continues to wield undue influence over Iraqi affairs. Internally, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has worsened sectarian tensions by failing to deliver on a promise to implement a power-sharing agreement designed to safeguard the rights of the country's different ethnic and religious groups.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541220_iraq_defence_security_report_q2_2013. ..
The US still aims to support Iraq through arms sales and other programmes, but even this intention is being challenged by Baghdad's failure to use all the funds that Washington has allocated for it.
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Fully updated orders of battle for the country's army, air force and navy.
* Details of ongoing and aspirational defence procurement programmes across the country's armed forces.
* A detailed description of the country's defence decision-making apparatus and its grand strategy.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Iraq Defence SWOT
- Iraq Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Trade
- Table: Defence Expenditure
- Table: Iraq's Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Table: Armed Forces
- Table: Iraq's Available Manpower For Military Services, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Economic Analysis
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Security Risk Analysis
- Table: Middle East And Africa Defence & Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Iraq Market Overview
- Arms Trade Overview
- Armed Forces and Government Spending
Industry Trends and Developments
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Political Outlook
- Table: Iraq Political Overview
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
- Regional Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Iran War Risks Rising In 2013
- Syrian Conflict To Continue, Post-Assad
- Caucasus At Risk Of Armenia-Azerbaijan War
- Korean Peninsula Facing Mixed Outlook
- Asia's Maritime Island Disputes
- Table: Election Timetable, 2013
- Scenario Analysis
- External Security
- Internal Security
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.