Today: February 7, 2016, 2:17 pm
  
Finance

Ireland gum market led by Wrigley Ireland Ltd with a 74% share in 2013

companiesandmarkets.com
companiesandmarkets.com
Gum in Ireland - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com

 

PR-Inside.com: 2014-04-10 15:45:03
Gum in Ireland, and most notably sugar free gum, remained the product most likely to be used by Irish consumers as a breath or mouth freshener during 2013. In addition, there is a high proportion of Irish people who are regular cigarette smokers, with many Irish smokers likely to purchase packets of minty gum along with their daily packet of cigarettes. For this reason, gum is generally displayed in countertop display units in newsagents/tobacconists outlets, making them highly visible and easily accessible for smokers. Commercial breath freshening products currently have a very low rate of penetration in Ireland and these are most often purchased through chemists/pharmacies outlets.

Wrigley Ireland Ltd is set to remain the dominant player in gum in Ireland in 2103 with a 74% value share. The company´s Extra brand remains the most popular gum brand in Ireland, accounting for 33% of total gum value sales in 2103, according to provisional estimates. The Airwaves brand is set to account for a further 16%, with Orbit expected to account for a further 6%. In addition, the company´s Ice White and Juicy Fruit brands are each set to account for 9% of total retail value sales in gum in 2013. These leading brands all recorded strong increases in value sales in gum during 2013, with Juicy Fruit the only exception, recording static value growth.

Gum in Ireland is expected to increase in constant value at a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period. Overall growth can be expected to be adversely affected by the constant value declines expected in bubble gum, a category which is expected to decline in constant value at a CAGR of -3%, while sugarised gum is set to decline in constant value at a CAGR of -4%. Furthermore, the rather adverse situation in the Irish retailing environment is set to be less than entirely encouraging for gum companies during the initial years of the period, with some improvement in the economic conditions set to boost consumer expenditure and consumer confidence as well as motivating improvement in employment levels towards the end of the forecast period.

Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..

Browse all Food and Drink Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..

Browse all Food and Drink Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Company-Profil ..

Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..

About Us
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.com’s online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.


Press Information


Published by
Mike King
London: +44 (0) 203 086 8600
e-mail
www.companiesandmarkets.com



# 547 Words
Related Articles
 
More From Finance
Investing.co.uk Announces New Trader Counsel Services
LONDON - Jan. 25, 2016 - British financial news source Investing.co.uk has announced that it will now be offering the [..]
Credit-Yogi.com Offers Free Advice For Getting Completely [..]
Everyone has some degree of debt to deal with. Some folks have a lot of it, and they need to [..]
Offshore Processing slashes credit card processing costs [..]
High risk and high volume merchants engaged in unconventional trades, such as Adult Content, Adult Goods, Online Casinos, Online [..]
Real-Estate-Yogi Offers Free Advice to Returning Veterans [..]
Veterans of the United States are returning from active duty and need places to live. It is up to lenders [..]
The Experts at Credit-Yogi.com Explain How to [..]
Foreclosures have gone through a decrease over the past decade, but that doesn’t mean they don’t still happen. People who [..]

Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information in this press release please contact the company added in the press release. Please do not contact pr-inside. We will not be able to assist you. PR-inside disclaims the content included in this release.