2013-12-29 19:02:12 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Israel is one of the leading markets in the region with a highly developed local ecosystem of start-ups and major international investments. However, a slowdown in consumption growth due to increases in the cost of living in 2013 squeezed spending in the consumer electronics market. Pressure on prices, in market segments such as TV sets and handsets, will lead vendors to focus on innovative higher margin new products. However we expect Israel to outperform the region, with strong government demand for computers and increasing use of smartphones, tablets and hybrids among consumer maintaining a five-year CAGR of 6.6% for overall market growth.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: US$2.6bn in 2012 to US$2.7bn in 2013, up 4% US dollar terms.
Tablet sales are booming as the arrival of a wide range of Android devices has deepened the market, but desktop and notebook sales remain under pressure.
* AV Sales: US$610mn in 2012 to US$645mn in 2013, +6% in US dollar terms. Flat-screen TV sets expected to provide the most dynamic development, however the launch of next generation games consoles in Q413 by Sony and Microsoft could prove a fillip to spending.
* Handset Sales: Outperforming segment of the consumer electronics market, rising 11% between 2012-2013 to US$415mn. The most dynamic segment of the consumer electronics market as smartphone demand will drive market growth with values of devices increasing.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754549_israel_consumer_electronics_report_q1 ..
Key Trends & Developments
There has been a significant shift in the Israeli PC market in recent years as sales of desktops and notebooks have come under pressure from tablets, as well as being squeezed by macroeconomic conditions. Apple leads the local tablet market through its popular iPad range; however the market deepened in 2012 with the arrival of lower-cost Android devices offering a comparable user experience. This added to pressure on vendors of more traditional form factors. However the launch of Microsoft's Windows 8 in October 2012 marked a shift for Microsoft partner vendors by introducing touch functionality. This has seen a range of tablets and hybrids/convertibles produced which are expected to only take a small share of total tablet and notebook sales in 2013, but to become more significant over the medium term by offering multiple-use cases.
The mobile handset market is the most dynamic segment of the consumer electronics market as demand for smartphones is driving increases in the value of the market. In 2012, the Knesset Economic Affairs Committee passed a plan to relax restrictions on importing mobile phones. Previously, cellular phone operators dominated the application process for import approval, and controlled about 80% of phone sales in Israel. The new law should increase the range of handsets available by making it possible for firms to import any cell phone that is approved in the EU or the US. In Q113, major cellular operators Partner Communications and Cellcom reported declines in equipment revenues, driven by lower handset sales. Cellcom saw its handset sales dip 29% compared with the same period of the previous year.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview (US$mn), 2010-2017
- Table: Israel Distributors For Leading Brands
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Israel - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa CE RRR - Q1 2014
- Table: PC Sales, 2010-2017
- AV Devices
- Table: AV Market - 2010-2017
- Mobile Devices
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2010-2017
- Table: Israel Cellular Operators And Technology
- Industry Overview
- Table: ICT Overview, 2010-2017
- Table: Exports, 2010-2017
- Table: Manufacturing, 2010-2017
- International Companies
- Table: Intel
- Table: Apple
- Table: Samsung Electronics
- Table: Hewlett Packard
- Scailex Corporation
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Israel's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Israel's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Israel's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Israel's Rural/Urban Population Split, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Consumer Electronics Risk Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.