2014-04-23 12:50:03 - Japan Agribusiness Report Q3 2013 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
We are optimistic that Japan will be admitted to the 11-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade talks, especially after the conclusion of the latest successful round of negotiations of the Australia- Japan free trade agreement. We expect Japanese companies to continue expanding their ownership of overseas grain companies, as illustrated by the latest move by Mitsubishi to increase its stake in Brazilian grain producer Los Grobo Ceagro do Brasil. This is likely to ensure a steady supply of soybean even if main supplier US is unable to export to Japanese markets.
- Rice consumption growth to 2017: -9.0% on the 2012 level to 7.5mn tonnes. Demand for rice will fall as Western diets increase in popularity.
- Beef production growth to 2016/17:
1.4% on the 2012 level to 508,100 tonnes. Production will grow marginally, as consumers on tight budgets prefer cheaper poultry meat and pork to beef.
- Soybean consumption growth to 2017: 6.1% on the 2012 level to 3.2mn tonnes (with growth mainly due to base effects). Not counting its use as an important ingredient in animal feed, tofu (soybean curd), is the most common end use for soy in Japan, accounting for 57% of total food soybean use.
- 2013 real GDP growth: 1.4% (down from 1.9% in 2012, forecast to average 1.3% out to 2017).
- 2013 consumer price inflation: 0.1% average (up from -0.8% in 2012, forecast to average 1.0% to 2017).
- Our universe agribusiness market value: US$111.7bn in 2013 (down from US$114.7bn in 2012; forecast to decline annually by 0.1% on average to 2017)
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.