2012-10-19 23:29:59 - July Monthly Deals Roundup - Foodservice - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Darden Restaurants Inc., one of the largest casual-dining operators in the US, is looking to widen its mass-market portfolio with the acquisition of the draft beer chain Yard House USA inc. from private-equity firm TSG Consumer Partners LLC for US$585 million in cash. Darden will benefit from Yard House´s strengths in terms of the latter´s expertise in running successful bar operations and access to its young customer base, along with its experienced leadership team.
Emerging markets attract increased M&A activities
The emerging markets witnessed a total deal value of US$692.3 million for the month, 70% of which were M&A with a deal value of US$513.5, whereas equity offering and PE/VC accounted for the remaining 30%. Mexico and China saw the highest number
of deals being executed with three each, while Mexico, with a deal value of US$380.6 million, accounted for more than 50% of the total deal value pertaining to the emerging markets.
July recorded increased PE/VC activity
In July, deal volume in PE/VC activity registered a 60% month on month increase. Furthermore, the deal value of PE/VC activity increased from US$82.1 million in June to US$346.2 million in July.
The report provides a review of M&As, capital-raising, partnering deals and agreements entered into by foodservice companies during July 2012. Using this report, dealmakers will effectively gain an insight into deal activity during the month. Additionally, the report provides an overview of all the partnering, alliances, and M&A deals announced worldwide.
The Monthly Report provides the reader with the top-line data necessary to quickly keep abreast of deal activity in the foodservice market on a monthly basis.
Key Report Features
- The report provides detailed analysis on the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in the foodservice industry in July 2012 compared to June 2012, and the trailing twelve month (TTM) average. This provides an insight into the inorganic growth strategies of companies in the industry and competitor tracking.
- The report provides detailed analysis on the private equity and venture capital activity in the foodservice industry in July 2012 compared to June 2012, and the TTM average. This provides an insight into the investment activity in the industry by financial investors.
- The report provides detailed analysis on capital raising activity, including equity and debt offerings, in the foodservice industry in July 2012 compared to June 2012, and the TTM average. This provides an insight into the capital raising activity of companies in the industry, including fund raising trends from both equity and debt capital markets.
- The report provides detailed analysis on strategic partnerships in the foodservice industry in July 2012 compared to June 2012, and the TTM average. This provides an insight in to the strategic partnerships among companies in the industry, including joint ventures.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.