2013-02-27 03:01:01 - Fast Market Research recommends "Argentina Telecommunications Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: Argentina's strong telecoms growth story continues, keeping the market at the top of developments in the region. However, BMI remains concerned over increasing influence from the government in the form of the fifth mobile licensee and the new media law that could severly restrict the country's largest cable operator. With the higher 3G penetration rate in the region, and a continuing increase in the number of subscribers signing up to services, there is plenty for Argentina to lose. Economic uncertainty does little to help matters, while the political outlook is less than clear.
* Net additions passed 1mn in Q312, Argentina's mobile market is showing no signs of saturation.
* Market average ARPU increased 2.5% y-o-y in
Q312, reaching ARS53. Nextel continues to report falling ARPU.
* Fixed voice connections continued to fall, decreasing to 9.1mn in Q312. BMI revised forecasts to show a sharper decline in 2012 and 2013 than before.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541134_argentina_telecommunications_report_q ..
Key Trends & Developments
Following the growing trend of converged services in Latin American telecoms markets, we have combined the company profiles of Argentina's two incumbent operators Telecom Argentina and Telefonica de Argentina with their respective mobile operations. Increasingly, operators are offering converged packages of services across both fixed and wireless platforms.
BMI remains concerned over government intervention in the telecoms market, especially after YPF was nationalised in mid 2012. We believe there are significant downside risks to our forecasts for the market as the government becomes more involved. State-owned Arsat will be the newest operator to enter the mobile market. Government plans to delay auctioning 4G spectrum, until Arsat has launched is a negative outcome for the existing players in the market.
The future of Grupo Clarin's cable TV operator Cablevision remains uncertain under the new media law. As the largest cable operator in the market, restricting the operator could have serious consequences for continued market growth.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
Risk Reward Ratings
- Latin America Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Q113 Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile ARPU - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Broadband - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Mobile Market Regional Comparisons 2011
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Market Share
- Table: Argentina Wireless Market, Q312
- Table: Subscriber Mix And Market Shares
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Argentina Mobile Market Overview
- Table: Claro
- Table: Movistar (Telefonica)
- Table: Telecom Personal
- Table: Nextel
- Mobile Content
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Table: Argentine Local Fixed-Line Market Q312
- Alternative Operators
- Pay-TV Services
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Table: Residential Internet Subscribers ('000)
- Regional Broadband Take-Up
- Argentina Conectada Broadband Plan
- Table: Wireline Developments
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Selected Market Developments
- Table: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Regulatory Developments
- Telecom Italia's Argentine Woes
- Table: Argentina Telecoms Sector Key Players
- Table: Selected Operators' Financial Indicators, (US$mn)
- Telecom Argentina
- Telefonica de Argentina (TASA)
- Nextel Argentina
- Company Monitor - Ericsson
- Table: Ericsson Global Quarterly Net Sales By Division (SEKmn)
- Buoyant Results Seen In H112
- Robust Latin American Growth
- Argentina Demographic Data
- Table: Argentina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Argentina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Argentina's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Argentina's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.