2013-12-08 02:04:02 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Azerbaijan's considerable energy reserves and rising gas output have not enhanced its petrochemicals capacity, largely owing to a poor business environment, which has deterred investors, according to BMI's Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Report. However, there are signs that this is changing for the better as the government makes a concerted effort at restructuring the sector, with plans afoot for a massive expansion of olefins and polymers by 2020.
Already, the past year has seen Azerbaijan Methanol Company (AzMeCo) begin operations at its new US $360mn plant. The plant has a capacity of 560,000 tonnes per annum (tpa), raising methanol production in Azerbaijan to 720,000tpa. About 90% of the output is set to be exported.
Over the past quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723421_azerbaijan_petrochemicals_report_q1_2 ..
* The medium-term focus will be the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR)'s Oil-Gas Pocessing and Petrochemical Complex (OGPC), which will have a total gas processing capacity of 10-12bn cubic metres (bcm) and oil refining capacity of 10mn tonnes per annum (tpa). The complex will come fully on stream in 2020, which is outside BMI's forecast period. Capacities will include 700,000tpa high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and low-density polyethylene (LDPE), 130,000tpa polypropylene (PP), 40,000tpa benzene and 110,000tpa styrene.
* The government of Azerbaijan also plans to increase polyethylene production from 72,200tpa in 2011 to 120,600tpa in 2015. The country is also set to start production of polypropylene (PP) in 2014, with 58,300 tonnes produced in the first year of operations and 61,800 tonnes in 2015. BMI believes these targets are likely to be realised.
* Azerbaijan is in 16th and last place in BMI's proprietary Europe Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs), with a score of 35.3 points, up 0.1 point since the previous quarter due to an improvement in country risk. Azerbaijan is 6.4 points behind Bulgaria. Azerbaijan's score will rise when new capacities come on stream, but the earliest project to be completed will be in 2015.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Table: Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2018
Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Regional Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: European Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (Scores Out Of 100)
- Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Cracker Capacity Data & Forecasts, 2009-2017 ('000 tpa)
Industry Trends And Developments
- State Oil Company Of Azerbaijan (SOCAR)
- Europe Overview
- Declining capacities
- Table: European cracker capacities, 2013
Global Industry Overview
- A Stable 2013, Leading to Growth in 2014?
- Table: Top 10 ethylene producers, 2013
- Long-term growth
- Shale: The Future of Feedstock?
- Threats to growth
- Global Oil Product Price Outlook
- Crude Price Forecasts
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Variance Across Product Markets
- Narrower US Market Crude-Product Spreads
- Weak Demand Persists
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, US$/bbl
- Supply: Supported By Global Refining Capacity
- Naphtha: US Gas Hits Demand
- Gasoline And Gasoil/Diesel: Subsidies & Fuel Efficiency Cap Upward Movement
- Jet Fuel: Limited Upward Movement
- Table: Total Air Freight And Passenger Volumes
- Bunker Fuels: Sulphur Control To Hit Rotterdam Hardest
- Table: Azerbaijan's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Azerbaijan's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Azerbaijan's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Azerbaijan's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk Reward Rating Methodology
- Table: Petrochemicals Risk Reward RATING Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.