2013-01-30 08:40:07 - New Construction market report from Business Monitor International: "Cambodia Infrastructure Report Q1 2013"
BMI View: Our belief that construction activity in Cambodia remained relatively lacklustre in 2012 appears to be justified. Key issues that led to project delays in 2011 and early-2012 (such as flood concerns and land acquisition disputes) have yet to be resolved. Meanwhile, the deterioration in the global economic situation suggests that this bearish outlook for the construction sector could continue in 2013. We continue to forecast real growth of 7.4% for construction activity in 2013 and 9.5% growth per annum between 2014 and 2017.
Key developments in Cambodia's infrastructure sector:
* In October 2012, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen requisitioned around 768 hectares of land to construct an international airport in Kampong Chhnang after 2025. The announcement of the airport's
expansion was made by Sen during a land title distribution ceremony in the Kampong Chhnang province. The current airport lacks the capacity to serve the rising numbers of passengers expected to arrive in the country, according to the prime minister at the launch of the 2012-2020 Tourism Development Strategic Plan at Vimean Santepheap.
* In November 2012, representatives of the Phnom Penh International Airport announced that Cambodia Airports will invest US$400mn in Cambodia's airports over the following eight years. The investment will be used for the extension of the international terminal at Phnom Penh, the upgrading of the Siem Reap airport and improvements to the Sihanoukville airport. The first phase of construction work for the Phnom Penh and Siem Reap airports is expected to start in early-2013. In November 2012, Cambodia's Royal Group and China's Hydrolancang International Energy signed an agreement to construct the US$800mn, 4000 megawatt, Lower Se San 2 hydropower plant under a 45-year Build-Operate-Transfer concession. Construction work for the project is expected to last five years. The electricity produced by the plant will be completed sold back to the state-owned Cambodian utility, as opposed to half of the electricity being exported back to Vietnam.
* In Q312, Toll Royal Railway (TRR) showed signs of confidence in the completion of Cambodia's railway rehabilitation project by 2013. In September 2012, TRR signed a memorandum of understanding with the Cambodian government and several companies to launch an international tender for the purchase of up to four new 2,000-horsepower locomotives and 100 new container wagons. In October 2012, TRR signed two freight logistics agreements with Siam Concrete Group and United Logistics and Distribution.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529398_cambodia_infrastructure_report_q1_201 ..
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI Industry View
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Cambodia Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2010 - 2016
- Table: Cambodia Construction And Infrastructure Long Term Forecasts, 2015 - 2021
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Table: Competitiveness of Cambodia's Infrastructure
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Table: Major Projects - Energy and Utilities
- Residential/Non-Residential Construction - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Major Projects - Construction and Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Regional Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- China, India and Indonesia: Rewards Sizeable
- South East Asia: Large Pipelines, Loose Monetary Policy
- Nearly Developed Markets: Boosting Pipeline To Offset Slowdown
- Table: Asia Infrastructure Business Environment Ratings
- Building Materials Overview
- Competitive Landscape
- Royal Group
Global Industry Overview
- Global Industry Overview
- Data Methodology
- Capital Investment
- Table: Infrastructure Business Environment Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.