2012-09-02 16:45:04 - New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
This Czech Republic Petrochemicals Report examines the competitiveness and potential of the country's well-integrated petrochemicals sector. However, the reports also warns that there will be a deterioration in the outlook for industry and that companies operating in the sector are likely to register weak margins over the coming year.
The report assesses the strengths of the Czech petrochemicals sector and looks at its transformation into one of Central Europe's leading exporters of basic chemicals and polymers, as well as its position as a significant supplier of the domestic automotive and construction sectors. It also assesses the strategies being employed by petrochemicals producers to improve competitiveness and protect margins, and counter the effects of the downturn in the eurozone.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451248_czech_republic_petrochemicals_report_ ..
The Czech industry is facing stagnation with the risks firmly to the downside in 2012 after weak margins and low demand damaged the performance of the Czech petrochemicals industry in 2011. In this adverse economic environment, BMI does not anticipate a significant rise in petrochemicals capacity over the medium term. The market will be dominated by basic chemicals, despite efforts towards diversification. Furthermore, the raw materials base is weak, and practically all primary and secondary raw materials have to be imported, placing the industry in a vulnerable position. Consequently, the Czech petrochemicals sector will struggle to compete with the massive new capacities in the Middle East. The long-term scenario is more promising as dominant petrochemicals producer Unipetrol closes its unprofitable refinery and fertiliser capacity and focuses instead in investing in polymers. Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
?? Refining and some downstream capacity looks set to shrink thanks to unfavourable economics with Unipetrol closing its loss-making urea unit by end-2012 and the small-scale Paramo refinery is set to permanently shuttered. ?? Polyethylene capacity is set to rise by 180,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) to 500,000tpa in 2016 as Unipetrol plans to replace an high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit at its Litvinov site ?? In BMI's Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs) for CEE, the Czech Republic scores 58.7 points out of a maximum of 100, up 0.6 points as a result of an improvement in both country and market risk. The increase in its rating means that it has overtaken Poland in the regional rankings to regain second place. Plans for an expansion in polyethylene capacity and improvements to long-term external risk and institutional ratings have raised the score this quarter.
Report Table of Contents:
- Czech Republic Petrochemicals Industry SWOT
- Czech Republic Political SWOT
- Czech Republic Economic SWOT
- Czech Republic Business Environment SWOT
Global Petrochemicals Overview
- Petrochemicals Market Overview
- Table: World Ethylene Production By Country, 2011 And 2016 ('000 tonnes capacity)
- Financial Results
- Table: Financial Results - Major Petrochemicals Companies, 2011
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI Oil Price Forecasts, 2011-2016, (US$)
European Petrochemicals Overview
Czech Republic Market Overview
Industry Trends and Developments
Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Czech Republic Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Petrochemicals Business Environment Ratings
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Czech Republic Petrochemicals Data And Forecasts, 2009-2016, ('000tpa, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Czech Republic - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.