2013-12-09 14:14:12 - New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Jordan Defence & Security Report 2014"
Amidst regional instability, BMI is forecasting Jordan's defence spending to grow in 2014. In the increasingly volatile Middle East, Jordan is facing an active threat from the civil war in Syria. We are estimating that defence spending will grow by 12.0% over 2014 to US$1.73bn. This follows rather slower growth of 8.1% over 2013, when the budget has totalled US$1.55bn. Although strong ties link the Jordanian regime and US and UK defence sectors, a stagnating economy and ongoing political risks mitigate against a wholly positive 2014 outlook.
Jordan's security threats are primarily regional. Following the defeat of the Muslim Brotherhood-led regime in Egypt in 2013, domestic Jordanian Islamists have been significantly weakened. The ruling regime -headed by King Abdullah II -
enjoys good relations with the US and UK (as reflected in significant military cooperation and sales). However, despite having a peace treaty with Israel, tensions caused by the Syrian civil war and US-Iran diplomacy place the kingdom in a precarious geopolitical position.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752040_jordan_defence_security_report_2014.a ..
That said, Jordan has seen some significant defence developments in 2013, including:
* A major border-security defence contract signed with US firm, Raytheon
* Ongoing participation in UN-lead peacekeeping efforts, making Jordan the eighth-biggest contributor internationally.
* A large-scale joint-forces exercise with US and other nations on Jordanian soil in mid-2013 ('Operation Eager Lion'). Hundreds of US troops have remained in the country since; something which could prove a liability if the US becomes more involved in the Syrian conflict.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Jordan Defence SWOT
- Jordan Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Budget
- Table: Jordan Defence Expenditure 2010 - 2017
- Armed Forces
- Table: Jordan Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated) 2000-2009
- Table: Jordan Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Section Production
- Key Risks To Forecast
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Jordan - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- MENA Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Jordan Security Risk Ratings
- Jordan Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Table: Jordan's Foreign Deployments
- Domestic Industries
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Jordan Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau
- Jordan Light Vehicle Manufacturing
- Raytheon Technical Services Company
- RUAG Land Systems
- General Dynamics Land Systems
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.