2013-09-02 10:55:19 - New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Turkey, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
The Turkish personal accident and health insurance segment accounted for 15.4% of the overall insurance industry's written premium in 2012, with a value of TRY2.9 billion (US$1.8 billion).The segment is highly competitive with 59 companies out of total 60 companies operating in personal accident insurance and 34 providing health insurance services. Due to growing competition and changes in the regulations, the segment is expected to consolidate. Rising medical expenditure, rapidly growing population and reforms by the government will be the major growth drivers of the segment over the forecast period.
* The Turkish insurance industry is among the fastest-growing industries in the world. In terms of gross written premium, the industry valued TRY19.1 billion (US$11.5 billion) in 2012.
The personal accident and health insurance segment, the third-largest segment, registered a CAGR of 12.6% during the review period.
* Personal accident and health insurers are dependent on traditional modes of distribution such as brokers and agencies.
* Economies of scale and strong brands will create the opportunity for better bargaining power, which will require consolidation of the fragmented segment.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/673007_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Turkey:
* It provides historical values for Turkey's personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Turkey's personal accident and health insurance segment, along with forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Turkey
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Turkish for the personal accident and health insurance business
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Turkey and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Turkish, and outlines the key regulations affecting them"
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Turkish personal accident and health insurance segment and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Turkish personal accident and health insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Turkish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the segment's future"
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Yapi Kredi Sigorta AŞ, Allianz Sigorta AŞ, Anadolu Sigorta AŞ, AK Sigorata AŞ, Acibadem Sağlik ve Hayat Sigorta AŞ, Groupama Sigorta, Mapfre Genel Yaşam (MGY), Axa Sigorta AŞ, Eureko Sigorta,, Mapfre Genel Sigorta AŞ
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Regional Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
4.1 Scale and Penetration
4.1.1 Total market gross written premium
4.1.2 Premium per capita
4.1.3 Personal accident and health insurance penetration
4.2.1 Gross written premium
4.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.3 Efficiency and Risk
4.3.1 Loss ratio
4.3.2 Combined ratio
4.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
4.4 Distribution Channels
4.4.1 Direct marketing
5 Turkish Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
5.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
6 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
6.1 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
6.1.1 Personal accident
6.1.2 Travel insurance
6.1.3 Health insurance
6.1.4 Non-life health insurance
7 Analysis by Distribution Channels
7.1 Direct Marketing
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Turkish Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment
8.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier: Low to Medium
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyer: Medium
8.3 Barriers to Entry: Medium to High
8.4 Intensity of Rivalry: High
8.5 Threat of Substitutes: Low
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
9.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
9.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
10.2 Regulations by Type of Insurance
10.2.1 Life insurance regulations
10.2.2 Property insurance regulations
10.2.3 Motor insurance regulations
10.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance regulations
10.2.5 Personal accident and health insurance regulations
10.3 Compulsory Insurance
10.3.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
10.3.2 Civil liability insurance for domestic and foreign aircraft flying within Turkish airspace
10.3.3 Third-party liability insurance for hazardous activities
10.3.4 Earthquake insurance for buildings
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.