2013-02-19 10:16:11 - Fast Market Research recommends "Singapore Telecommunications Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: Singapore's telecommunications industry has outperformed many of its regional peers with strong adoption of the latest products and services. Partially due to the country's small landmass and population size, the telecoms market has rapidly grown to a stage where it is approaching saturation. Next generation technologies, both mobile and fixed, are therefore the next step in fostering new developments and revenue streams, and industry players - the regulator and operators - have rightly moved in that direction.
* The forecast scenarios for Singapore's mobile, fixed-line and internet markets as well as operators' ARPUs have been extended to 2017.
* In spite of the launch of next generation LTE services, we continue to forecast operators' ARPUs to trend
lower due to competition; we predict the market average to reach SGD46 in 2017.
* We expect the number of 3G/4G phone subscribers in Singapore to reach 7.198mn in 2017, representing 81.6% of the total mobile market of 8.815mn subscribers.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/536564_singapore_telecommunications_report_q ..
Key Trends And Developments
Singapore's StarHub said during an interview with Bloomberg in early November 2012 that it will protect its pay-TV market share and reduce churn with 'stickier' content. StarHub has seen the pay-TV operation of main rival Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) gain significant traction in recent years due to sports content. However, we believe that StarHub has coped well and it could continue to focus on other market segments.
SingTel continues to loosen the purse strings after investing in two content providers that should further aid the mobile operator's aim of becoming an all-encompassing ICT provider. The two companies in which SingTel invested in September are social photo aggregation service Pixable and Singapore-based TheMobileGamer, which creates, aggregates and distributes social games for mobile devices. SingTel acquired 100% of Pixable for US$26.5mn, which has more than 4mn users across multiple platforms (personal computers, iOS and Android), while the mobile operator, through its subsidiary SingTel Idea Factory, reportedly purchased 35.5% of TheMobileGamer for US$1.5mn.
Singapore is ranked third in BMI's latest Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings with a telecoms rating score of 71.9. In this quarter's update, we have tweaked our methodology to better reflect the positions of countries in the region on a risk/reward basis. Singapore's real GDP contracted by a larger-than- expected 5.9% q-o-q annualised in seasonally adjusted terms in Q312, versus estimates of a 2.9% contraction. In y-o-y terms, the economy grew by just 0.3%, marking the slowest growth rate since Q209. The economy is likely to avoid a technical in recession as Q412 sees an uptick in line with regional trends.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Table: Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mobile ARPU - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017 (SGD)
- Table: Fixed-Line - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
Industry Business Environment Overview
- IndustrY Business Environment Overview
- Table: Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings Q113
- Table: Singapore Mobile Market Regional Comparison
- Key Market Developments
- Market Growth
- Market Shares
- Table: Singapore Mobile Subscriber Base By Operator ('000)
- ARPU And MOU
- Table: Operator ARPUs (SGD)
- Mobile Content/Value-Added Services
- Table: Selected VAS
- Table: Singapore Mobile Market Overview
- Table: SingTel Mobile
- Table: StarHub
- Table: M1
- Mobile Regional Content
- Table: Selected NFC Developments, 2011
- International Traffic Lines
- Table: Composition Of Broadband Internet Access Subscribers ('000)
Industry Trends & Developments
- Industry Trends & Developments
- Table: Telecoms Market Developments
- Table: Division Of Regulatory Responsibilities In Singapore
- Next Generation National Infocomm Infrastructure
- Regulatory Developments
- Table: Key Players
- Table: Revenue (US$mn)
- Singapore Telecommunications
- SingTel Mobile
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Financial Performance
- Table: Vendor Revenues (US$mn)
- Restructuring Efforts
- Geographical Breakdown
- Table: Net Sales By Geography (EURmn)
- Asia Pacific Is The Place To Be
- Table: NSN Selected Asia Activities
- Table: Singapore's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Singapore's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Singapore's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.