2013-01-07 05:00:09 - New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Greece has been in recession since 2008 and in 2011 the economy contracted by 6.9%. The nation was granted two bailouts by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the EU. While the first bailout was sanctioned in 2010, the second was ratified in February 2012. However, with worsening economic conditions, the possibility of a third bailout, with loans of up to EUR44 billion was agreed upon by Eurozone finance ministers in November 2012. The country is not expected to return to positive growth until 2015, once the sovereign debt crisis begins to subside. The growth of the Greek insurance industry is closely tied to the nation's economic growth. Consequently, its performance was adversely impacted by the country's prolonged recession.
- www.fastmr.com/prod/528183_the_insurance_industry_in_greece_key_ ..
* Greece has been in recession since 2008 and in 2011 the economy contracted by 6.9%.
* The nation has been granted two bailouts by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the EU.
* While the first bailout was sanctioned in 2010, the second was ratified in February 2012.
* However, with worsening economic conditions, the possibility of a third bailout, with loans of up to EUR44 billion was agreed upon by Eurozone finance ministers in November 2012.
* The country is not expected to return to positive growth until 2015, once the sovereign debt crisis begins to subside.
* The growth of the Greek insurance industry is closely tied to the nation's economic growth. Consequently, its performance was adversely impacted by the country's prolonged recession.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Greece:
* It provides historical values for the Greek insurance industry for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and sub-segments in the Greek insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2016
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Greece and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Greek insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Greek insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Greek insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Greek insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: The Ethniki, Hellenic General Insurance Company SA, Interamerican Property and Casualty Insurance Co. SA, Agrotiki Insurance SA, Intersalonika SA, ING Greek Life Insurance Company SA
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Greek Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Insurance Industry Overview
3.2 Greek Insurance Industry - Market Size, 2007-2016
3.3 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Market Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.1.1 Individual life insurance category
4.1.2 Individual pension category
4.1.3 Individual unit-linked insurance category
4.1.4 Other insurance category
4.1.5 Group life insurance category
4.2 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2.1 Property insurance category
4.2.2 Motor insurance category
4.2.3 Liability insurance category
4.2.4 Marine, Aviation and Transit insurance category
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.3.1 Personal accident insurance category
4.3.2 Health insurance category
4.3.3 Travel insurance category
4.4 Reinsurance Market Size by Insurance Segment, 2007-2016
5 Competitive Landscape
5.2 Leading Companies
5.2.1 The Ethniki, Hellenic General Insurance Company SA - company overview
5.2.2 Interamerican Property and Casualty Insurance Co. SA - company overview
5.2.3 Agrotiki Insurance SA- company overview
5.2.4 Intersalonika SA- company overview
5.2.5 ING Greek Life Insurance Company SA - company overview
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
6.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US dollar)
6.2 GDP Per Capita at Constant Prices (US dollar)
6.3 GDP at Current Prices (US dollar)
6.4 Inflation Rate (%)
6.5 Arable Land
6.6 Market Capitalization Trend - Greece Stock Market, Greece
6.7 Exports as a Percentage of GDP
6.8 Imports as a Percentage of GDP
6.9 Number of Air Passengers
6.1 Healthcare Expenditure Per Capita
6.11 Employed Population
6.12 Annual Disposable Income
6.13 Annual Disposable Income Per Capita
6.14 Total Population
7.1 Contact Us
7.2 About Timetric
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Greek Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (EUR Billion), 2007-2011
Table 3: Greek Insurance Overall Written Premium by Segment (US$ Billion), 2007-2011
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.