2013-03-10 17:47:05 - New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "The Insurance Industry in Burkina Faso, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Burkina Faso has one of the smallest insurance industries in West Africa in terms of gross written premium. There were only 11 insurers and one reinsurance company operating in the country in 2011. Out of these 11, seven operated in the non-life insurance segment and four in the life insurance segment. The global financial crisis had an indirect effect on the Burkinabe insurance industry as Burkina Faso's economy is largely dependent on exports of cotton and gold. The financial crisis led to a decline in exports from the country, which negatively impacted its economy and had a knock-on effect on the Burkinabe insurance industry during the review period.
* Insurance penetration as a percentage of GDP in Burkina Faso
is very low compared to the penetration rates in developed countries.
* The Burkinabe insurance industry comprises both domestic and foreign insurance companies.
* The country's liberalization policy has encouraged companies such as Allianz to enter into the market.
* Growth in Burkina Faso's construction sector, a governmental initiative designed to encourage private spending, growth in automobile sales and the tendency of the population to save supported the growth of Burkinabe insurance industry during the review period.
* Burkina Faso's construction market is expanding, which drove insurance industry growth during the review period and is expected to continue to support growth over the forecast period.
* Growth in construction was triggered by real estate development and the revival of infrastructure developments in the country.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/545339_the_insurance_industry_in_burkina_fas ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Burkina Faso:
* It provides historical values for the Burkina Faso insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Burkina Faso insurance industry, along with industry forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Burkina Faso and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Burkina Faso insurance industry and each segment within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Burkina Faso insurance industry
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Burkina Faso insurance industry
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Burkina Faso insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Colina SA, Allianz Insurance Burkina, Raynal Assurance SA
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Burkinabe Insurance Industry Overview
3.1 Burkinabe Insurance Industry
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4 Industry Segmentation
4.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.1.1 Individual endowment
4.1.2 Individual marriage and birth insurance
4.1.3 Group life insurance category
4.2 Non-Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.2.1 Property insurance category
4.2.2 Motor insurance category
4.2.3 Liability insurance category
4.2.4 Marine, Aviation and Transit insurance category
4.3 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.4 Reinsurance market size by insurance market, 2008-2017
5 Competitive Landscape
5.2 Leading Companies
5.2.1 Colina SA - Company overview
5.2.2 Allianz Insurance Burkina - Company overview
5.2.3 Raynal Assurance SA - Company overview
6 Macroeconomic Indicators
6.1 GDP at Constant Prices (US$)
6.2 GDP per Capita at Constant Prices (US$)
6.3 GDP at Current Prices (US$)
6.4 GDP per Capita at Current Prices (US$)
6.5 Construction Net Output at Current Prices (US$)
6.6 Construction Net Output at Current Prices as a Percentage of GDP
6.7 Inflation Rate
6.8 Healthcare Expenditure
6.9 Healthcare Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP
6.1 Healthcare Expenditure per Capita
6.11 Labor Force
6.12 Exports as a Percentage of GDP
6.13 Imports as a Percentage of GDP
6.14 Total Population
7.2 Contact Us
7.3 About Timetric
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Burkinabe Insurance Written Premium by Segment (XOF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 3: Burkinabe Insurance Written Premium by Segment (US$ Million), 2008-2012
Table 4: Burkinabe Insurance Written Premium by Segment (XOF Billion), 2012-2017
Table 5: Burkinabe Insurance Written Premium by Segment (US$ Million), 2012-2017
Table 6: Burkinabe Insurance Segmentation (% Share), 2008-2017
Table 7: Burkinabe Life Insurance Written Premium by Category (XOF Billion), 2008-2012
Table 8: Burkinabe Life Insurance Written Premium by Category (US$ Million), 2008-2012
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.