2013-03-03 10:55:24 - New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Turkey Defence & Security Report Q2 2013"
BMI's Defence & Security report for Q213 examines Turkey's armed forces; its internal and external security challenges; defence industry and the country's defence procurement activity. BMI believes that Turkey will continue to suffer security challenges for some time in the form of the continued Kurdish nationalist insurgency affecting the country, the wider fallout from the tense security situation in the Middle East at large and the ongoing civil war in neighbouring Syria. Nevertheless, the country's armed forces will continue to play an active role in NATO and meet any future challenges to Turkey's security.
BMI's Defence & Security Report has several key findings. In terms of domestic security, the Kurdish insurgency continues to challenge the country's policymakers and its armed forces.
While a military response is seeking to contain and ultimately end this insurgency, a political solution in the form of negotiations could become increasingly important in helping to stop the violence once and for all. At the external level, Turkey continues to suffer the fallout from the deteriorating security situation inside Syria. Ankara will have to tread a delicate path to prevent the crisis from spilling over into the wider Middle East region.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541285_turkey_defence_security_report_q2_201 ..
In terms of the Turkish armed forces procurement, the government is under pressure to ensure that the military has the most modern materiel. This can be achieved by continuing to utilise Turkey's position as a trusted recipient of advanced defence hardware from the United States. Finally, the Turkish government will need to assist the growth of the domestic defence industry. This can be best achieved by purchasing indigenous materiel when appropriate, and encouraging continuing research and development efforts. Since the publication of BMI's last Turkey Defence & Security report, a number of changes have been made. These include:
* A discussion of the deployment of NATO surface-to-air missiles to Turkish border areas as the civil war in Syria continues to escalate.
* The latest details regarding modernisation efforts within Turkey's armed forces and timelines for deliveries of new equipment
* Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats tables for two of Turkey's leading defence contractors, plus details regarding the recent commercial activities of these businesses.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Turkey Defence SWOT
- Turkey Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Armed Forces
- Table: Turkey's Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Turkey's Manpower Available For Military Service (aged 16-49, unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Turkey's Defence Expenditure
- Table: Turkey's Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP (US$mn)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Turkey's Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Table: Turkey's Defence Imports (US$mn)
- Table: Turkey's Defence Trade Balance (US$mn)
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Table: Turkey - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Europe State Terrorism Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Security Risk Analysis
- Table: Middle East And Africa Defence & Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Turkey Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Table: Foreign Deployments
- Government Spending
Industry Trends and Developments
- Table: Key Players In Turkey's Defence Sector
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Political Overview
- Security Overview
- Internal Security
- External Security
- Table: Insurgent Groups
- Aselsan Military Electronics Industry Inc
- Havelsan AS
Regional Security Overview
- Europe Security Overview
Global Political Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Iran War Risks Rising In 2013
- Syrian Conflict To Continue, Post-Assad
- Caucasus At Risk Of Armenia-Azerbaijan War
- Korean Peninsula Facing Mixed Outlook
- Asia's Maritime Island Disputes
- Table: Election Timetable, 2013
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.