2013-03-02 15:20:25 - New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The UAE will continue to dominate the Gulf region's shipping as it continues to invest heavily in its facilities. Not only has the massive Khalifa Port had a hugely successful opening in 2012, but the established behemoth, Jebel Ali, has announced plans for a new container terminal, helping it to keep ahead from the growing competition in the region. Even the smaller Sharjah terminals are performing well, with record growth in the first half of 2012. As such we project continued strong growth at the facilities, especially as the global economy looks set to continue its resurgence from the doldrums in 2013.
Headline Industry Data
* 2013 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.7%, and to
average 6.7% to 2017.
* Sharjah container throughput (KCT and SCT) is forecast to grow by 5.6% in 2013, averaging 4.6% over the medium term.
* Jebel Ali container throughput is forecast to grow by 8.3% in 2013. Through to 2017, we expect growth to average 4.8%.
* Total trade real growth is forecast at 7.0% in 2013 and to average 5.7% through to 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541131_united_arab_emirates_shipping_report_ ..
Key Industry Trends
Jebel Ali To Match Technological Advancement
BMI believes that DP World's flagship port of Jebel Ali, the largest container-handling facility between Rotterdam and Singapore, will remain the premier port in the Middle East as its facilities are expanded to cope not only with growing demand but also technological developments in the container-shipping industry.
2013: A Year Of Expansion For DP World
Although 2012 was a year of divesting assets for DP World, 2013 is set to be a year of expansion for the company with its latest Brazil and UK container terminal projects to be realised and the firm's Turkey greenfield project expected to get underway.
World's Largest Containership Arrives At KCT
The UAE-based Khorfakkan Container Terminal (KCT) received the world's largest carrier, CMA CGM Marco Polo on January 6. The 16,020 TEU ship is the largest vessel ever handled by any port in the Middle East.
Should tensions between Israel and Iran escalate to any significant degree in 2013, thereby leading to a conflict in the Gulf, then our forecasts for UAE would be seriously jeopardised. Equally, given the UAE and its ports' exposure to global trade patterns, any significant stall in the economic recovery in the US or the eurozone could also derail our projections.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Jebel Ali Throughput
- Port Khalifa Throughput Outlook
- Table: Major Port Data, 2010-2017
- Table: Trade Overview, 2010-2017
- Table: Key Trade Indicators, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Table: Main Import Partners, 2002-2009 (US$mn)
- Table: Main Export Partners, 2002-2009 (US$mn)
- UAE Container Shipping Market Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
- United Arab Shipping Company (UASC)
- Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO)
- Gulf Energy Maritime
- Gulf Navigation Holding
Global Industry Overview - Container Shipping
- Demand: Global Box Outlook Brightening
- Supply: Overcapacity To Remain As More Megas Saturate The Market
- Table: Container Line Mega-Vessel Newbuild Plans
- Rates: A Strong Start, But Rate Management Must Continue
- Table: 2012 SCFI Europe Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
- Table: 2012 SCFI USWC Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
Global Industry Overview - Dry Bulk Shipping
- Demand: Stimulus Blip Playing Out, Bit For How Long?
- Supply: Dry Bulk Fleet growth Slipping, But Overcapacity Still A Problem
- Table: China Iron Ore Trade Partners Overview
- Table: China Coal Trade Partners Overview
Global Industry Overview - Liquid Bulk Shipping
- Improving Fundamentals In Dirty Tanker Market
- Tonne-Mile Growth To Support Product Tanker Sector
- LNG Boom To Stall In 2013
- Global Company Strategy
- Maersk Line
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- CMA CGM
- Evergreen Line
- COSCO Container Lines Company
- Hanjin Shipping
- China Shipping Container Line (CSCL)
- Mitsui OSK Lines
- Household Consumption Outlook
- Fixed Investment Outlook
- Government Consumption Outlook
- Net Export Outlook
- Table: United Arab Emirates Long-Term Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.