2013-08-23 09:13:49 - New Construction research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Kazakhstan continues to see investment pour into its construction and infrastructure sector as opportunities abound in the oil-rich country. Growth of 4.7% year-on-year is expected in 2013 rising, to 8.45% in 2014. Over the 10-year forecast period to 2022, we expect the industry value to triple, rising from US$14.2bn in 2013 to US$43.9bn by 2022. Long-term political stability is the only major threat however; we caution that Kazakhstan remains vulnerable to external demand dynamics and that political uncertainty could yet threaten economic growth.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/670573_kazakhstan_infrastructure_report_q3_2 ..
Key developments in the sector:
* UAE port operator DP World has announced that it will develop a new free economic zone in Kazakhstan. DP World will develop the Khorgos-Eastern Gates zone
and Aktau port in order to establish the largest logistics centre in Eurasia. DP World will invest at least AED3.67bn (US$1bn) in the project.
* The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) announced that it will provide a US $106mn loan for Kazakhstan. The loan will enable the electricity utility Central Asian Electric Power to modernise its power generators and electricity distribution networks. The operator is responsible for producing approximately 6% of electricity output in the country.
* A new railway line opened between Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. The US$430mn line is part of a proposed rail corridor between the two countries and Iran. It will enable the transportation of goods such as grain and oil between the countries. The new line runs between Bolashak in Kazakhstan and Serhetyaka in Turkmenistan.
Kazakhstan will continue to shift its economic, as well as its political, policy focus away from Russia and towards China over the coming years. China is continuing its development and purchase of oil pipelines and fields in Kazakhstan, and the Kazakh government has appeared more open to investment from Beijing rather than Moscow.
We have revised our year-end forecast for the Kazakh refinancing rate from 5.50% to 5.75% as a result of an uptick in consumer price inflation over the past six months, which we project to reach 6.9% year-on-year by end-2013. This is within the target range for inflation, and, with the central bank under pressure to boost domestic demand and maintain currency stability, we do not anticipate a more substantial rate hike than 25 basis points.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Construction and Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Kazakhstan Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2011-2016
- Table: Kazakhstan Construction And Infrastructure Long Term Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: Major Projects Table - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Energy & Utilities
- Table: Major Projects Table - Energy & Utilities
- Residential/NonResidential Building - Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
- Table: Table: Major Projects - Residential/Non-Residential Construction and Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Kazakhstan Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Industry Rewards Reviving
- Growing Risks
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk Reward Ratings
- Competitive Landscape
Global Industry Overview
- Data Methodology
- Capital Investment
- Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Infrastructure Business Environment Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.