2014-01-05 01:42:11 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kazakhstan Infrastructure Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Kazakhstan's construction industry will experience solid growth over our forecast period on the pack of continued investment into the hydrocarbons sector, transport links and industrial projects. We estimate that 5.4% growth was posted in 2013 and as progress is made on a number of large scale projects, 9.2% is forecast for 2014. Long-term political stability remains the major risk to confidence, although there are signals that a presidential successor is being lined up, which will lower the risk outlook. The construction sector will remain exposed to global oil and commodity price fluctuations.
* DP World will develop a new free economic zone in Kazakhstan. DP World will develop the Khorgos-Eastern Gates zone and Aktau port in order to establish
the largest logistics centre in Eurasia. It willinvest at least AED3.67bn (US$1bn) in the project.
* The much touted high-speed line between Astana and Almaty, has been postponed due to a lack of financing. The government has stated that a lack of commercial viability has made financing the project a challenge, confirming our view that the demand dynamics for such a project were likely to be a major hurdle to overcome.
* The 2017 EXPO in Astana is set to boost the construction industry. Construction of the site, which the government is funding to the tune of US$325mn, is expected to in March 2014.
* Astana is the focus of residential and non-residential construction activity in the country. Most recently, a US$1.4bn contract was been awarded to a joint venture company led by Arabtec. The project will be named Abu Dhabi Plaza, comprising a mixed-use development of 500.000 square metres. The project is expected to be completed in 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754742_kazakhstan_infrastructure_report_q1_2 ..
Kazakhstan's real GDP growth was 5.7% year-on-year (y-o-y) in the first three quarters of 2013. However, we hold to our forecast of 5.4% growth in 2013, followed by 5.5% in 2014. A halt to production at the Kashagan oil field in October due to technical problems will hit exports in Q413, with production not expected to start up until Q114 at the earliest.
Kazakhstan is set for a period of solid, if not spectacular, real GDP growth. Private consumption is set to remain the primary driver of growth, with oil production also maintaining its key position in the economy, despite subdued global prices and declining output. This bodes well for an increasingly positive outlook for the residential and non-residential sector, but we expect the energy and utilities sector to maintain its dominant position in terms of attracting investment and providing opportunities.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Infrastructure SWOT
- Construction and Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Kazakhstan's Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2011-2026
- Table: Kazakhstan's Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, Long-Term Forecasts, 2017-2022
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: Major Projects Table - Transport
- Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Energy And Utilities
- Table: Major Projects Table - Energy And Utilities
- Residential/NonResidential Building - Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
- Table: Major Projects - Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Kazakhstan - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Competitive Landscape
Global Infrastructure Overview
- Global Industry Overview
- Table: Latin America PPP Round-Up
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Infrastructure Risk/Reward Rating Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.