2013-10-11 11:43:07 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kuwait Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Kuwait's consumer electronics market remains one of the most dynamic in the region. Strong sales were reported by retailers during the peak festival shopping season of Ramadan, in July and August 2013; with retailers running promotions on smartphones and other popular items. Spending on digital electronic lifestyle items has stayed robust over the last few years, supported by recurrent salary hikes and handouts, as well as low interest rates and abundant liquidity conditions. We expect these trends to continue over the coming quarters, with the rate of planned purchases of durable goods reaching a record high in May, improving by more than one-third from April. We forecast the consumer electronics market will enjoy growth of 6% over 2013, reaching a
value of US$1.1bn. The young, wealthy, computer-literate Kuwaiti population will retain its appetite for top-of-the-range technology products. Key product categories we expect to see success in 2013 are smartphones, tablets and hybrid-laptops running Windows 8, flatscreen TVs and the next generation of games consoles which should be launched late in
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/689048_kuwait_consumer_electronics_report_q4 ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: US$393mn in 2012 to US$401mn in 2013, +1.9% in US dollar terms. New form factors such as tablets and ultrabooks will be key growth areas, given the market saturation of desktop computers.
* AV Sales: US$454mn in 2012 to US$484mn in 2013, +6.5% in US dollar terms. Rising incomes, the growing affordability of AV devices and product innovation will drive continued growth.
* Handset Sales: US$196mn in 2012 to US$218mn in 2013, +11.3% in US dollar terms. Mobile number portability (MNP) and the rapid roll-out of 4G services will drive strong growth in the smartphone market.
Risk/Reward Rating: Kuwait's score is 60.2 out of 100. Despite a notable improvement in its CE score due to a stronger country risk outlook, Kuwait has slipped in our rankings. The country has been pushed from second to third in the MEA region in our latest RRR table, placing it behind Qatar and the UAE
Key Trends & Developments
The rapid expansion of 4G/LTE service coverage by Kuwait's mobile network operators has fuelled the emergence of 4G-enabled handsets as a new competitive battleground. After Zain had become the first operator to launch 4G services, in 2013, Wataniya stated it would invest some US$350mn towards modernising its network, including the provision of LTE services. The launch of 4G/LTE services has been marked by a flurry of operator promotions, including a free LTE-enabled iPad from Zain with a KWD22
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Co nsumer Electronics Overview, 2010-2017
- Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Table: Kuwait - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Middle East Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Middle East Risk/Reward Ratings
- Market Overview
- Table: PC Sales, 2010-2017
- Table: AV Sales, 2010-2017
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2010-2017
- Competitive Landscape
- AV Devices
- Retail Sector
- Table: Kuwait Distributors For Leading Brands
Industry Trends And Developments
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Regulatory Development
- Jumbo Electronics
- Axiom Telecom
- Eros Group
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Kuwait's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Kuwait's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.