2014-01-05 21:33:12 - New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Kuwait's ports have struggled to recover the volumes they enjoyed prior to the global economic downturn, but BMI expects that growth will continue over the medium term. If there are continued instances of industrial unrest and strikes, however, as Kuwait's ports have struggled with since the Arab Spring of 2011, then we may have to revise our forecasts down. The air freight sector was also hit in 2011, with volumes falling. We forecast slow but steady growth in Kuwaiti air freight over the medium term.
What continues to bode well for Kuwait's freight transport is our macroeconomic outlook for the country. Although oil prices are forecast to fall in the coming years they will remain high, and this is translating into
spending by the Kuwaiti government and greater wealth among the populous. This is attracting logistics companies to add services to the country. Kuwaiti logistics company Agility continues to develop rapidly.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/759101_kuwait_freight_transport_report_q1_20 ..
Headline Industry Data
* 2014 Port of Shuaiba tonnage throughput growth forecast at 3.0% and to average 3.0% to 2018.
* 2014 Kuwait International Airport air freight tonnage forecast to grow 1.2% and to average growth of 1.3% a year to 2018.
* 2014 total trade real growth forecast at 2.5% and to average 2.5% to 2018. KPMG Positive About GCC Rail Network: Accountancy firm KPMG has released a report which has predicted a bright future for the US$200bn Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) rail network, which will connect the Kuwait with Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Bahrain and Oman.
KOTC Modernises Fleet: BMI notes that a recent sale (September 2013) of four product tankers by Kuwaiti carrier the Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC) is in keeping with the company's aim to maintain one of the youngest tanker fleets afloat, and is part of its renewal strategy. Although we believe that Kuwait's net refined exports will fall over our medium-term forecast period, the outlook for the sector is in general strong, and the company will benefit from increased refining capacity set to come online in Kuwait in 2018.
Risks To Outlook
The Middle East and North Africa region has seen huge upheavals since the start of 2011, and no country is immune from the repercussions on trade. Kuwait has not been severely hit by unrest, but it is still possible that demonstrations could develop as they have in other Gulf countries, which could adversely affect our port throughput forecasts. We have seen industrial unrest in Kuwaiti ports and airports, more instances of which in 2014 could affect our outlook.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Freight Transport
- Political SWOT
- Economic SWOT
- Business Environment SWOT
- Table: Air Freight
- Road And Rail
- Table: Maritime Freight
- Table: Trade Overview
- Table: Key Trade Indicators
- Table: Main Import Partners, 2004-2011
- Table: Main Export Partners, 2004-2011
Industry Trends And Developments
- Kuwait Airways (Cargo)
- Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC)
- Long-Term Political Outlook
- Political Risk Analysis
- Table: KUWAIT - LAST PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS
- Table: KUWAIT - POLITICAL OVERVIEW
Oil Price Outlook
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Crude Price Forecasts
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Variance Across Product Markets
- Narrower US Market Crude-Product Spreads
- Weak Demand Persists
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, US$/bbl
- Supply: Supported By Global Refining Capacity
- Naphtha: US Gas Hits Demand
- Gasoline And Gasoil/Diesel: Subsidies & Fuel Efficiency Cap Upward Movement
- Jet Fuel: Limited Upward Movement
- Table: Total Air Freight And Passenger Volumes
- Bunker Fuels: Sulphur Control To Hit Rotterdam Hardest
- Table: Kuwait - Economic Activity
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Kuwait's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Kuwait's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.