2014-01-07 21:58:20 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kuwait Information Technology Report Q1 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Kuwait lags behind its peers in the take-up of ICT. However, the country shows promise as the government's push to increase IT usage and growing private consumption drive Kuwait's IT market during our forecast period, through to 2017. This quarter we will focus on the competitive landscape and the role international and local companies play in the Kuwaiti market.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: KWD113mn in 2012 to KWD114mn in 2013, +1.4% in local currency terms. Relatively low household PC penetration opens up a growth opportunity of first-time buyers and in the upgrade/replacement market.
* Software Sales: KWD72mn in 2012 to KWD76 in 2013, +5.5% in local currency terms. Growing regional competition is fuelling enterprise spending on software and
systems, with BMI expecting security software and solutions to outperform as awareness of risks and regional political tensions combine to create fertile growth conditions.
* IT Services Sales: KWD83mn in 2012 to KWD88mn in 2013, a 4.3% increase in local currency terms. Cloud computing, e-government and machine-to-machine services are identified as key growth areas that will make IT services a growth outperformer in the market from 2013 to 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754739_kuwait_information_technology_report_ ..
Kuwait remains in fourth position in our Q1 2014 IT RRR table for MENA with a score of 60.6. Kuwait lies behind Qatar, Israel and the UAE, but ahead of potentially larger markets such as Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
Key Trends & Developments
BMI believes that over the medium term the IT security software and solutions market is set to boom in Kuwait, and across the Middle East region. Kuwait has not been directly affected by recent incidents of cyber warfare; however, there is potential it could become caught up in rising tensions in the region. In response to these developments, Qatar and Kuwait financed the construction of a new Gulf internet cable network that went live in March 2013.
Kuwait's Ministry of Education formed a partnership with Microsoft to raise computer literacy in the country, launching a Master Teacher Training Program during May 2013 through which educators across the country were invited to attend and become certified Master Teachers, signifying the government's commitment to drive IT usage.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Political SWOT
- Economic SWOT
- Business Environment SWOT
- Table: Kuwait IT Industry - Historical Data & Forecasts (KWDmn)
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecast
- Table: Kuwait - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: MEA IT RRR - Q1 2014
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: IT Regulatory Authorities
- Table: Alghanim Industries
- Table: Almasa Holdings
- Table: Axiom Telecom
- Table: Redington Kuwait
- Table: Dell
- Table: Toshiba
- Microsoft Corporation
- Table: IBM Acquisitions, 2012 (Total Value, US$3.964bn)
- Oracle Corp
- Table: Oracle: Selected Acquisitions
- Khorafi Business Machines
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Kuwait's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Kuwait's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk Reward Rating Methodology
- Table: It Risk Reward Rating Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.