2012-11-02 14:29:32 - Leukaemia therapeutics market dominated by branded drugs such as Gleevec, Tasigna, Clolar and Arranon
The leukaemia therapeutics market has been forecast to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% between 2011 and 2018, increasing from a valuation of $4 billion, to be worth a market value of $7.6 billion by 2018. Leukaemia is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterised by an abnormal increase of immature white blood cells called "blasts".The four indications covered by the leukaemia therapeutics market are the treatment of acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) and chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML).In general, there are two types of leukemia research: clinical or translational research and basic research. Clinical/translational research focuses on studying the disease in a defined and generally
immediately patient-applicable way, such as testing a new drug in patients. By contrast, basic science research studies the disease process at a distance, such as seeing whether a suspected carcinogen can cause leukemic changes in isolated cells in the laboratory or how the DNA changes inside leukemia cells as the disease progresses.Lat year the leukaemia therapeutics market was dominated by branded drugs such as Gleevec (imatinib), Tasigna, Clolar and Arranon with a market share of 85%, while generics such as vincristine, doxorubicin, methotrexate and cytarabine accounted for the remaining 15% share.The US was the leading region within the leukaemia therapeutics market with an estimated sales value of $1.8 billion in 2011 and an approximate share of 44.3%. The US market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% between 2011 and 2018 to record a sales value of $3.5 billion.For more information on the leukaemia therapeutics market, see the latest research: Leukaemia Therapeutics MarketFollow us on Twitter @CandMResearch
Click for news details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/News/Healthcare-and-Medical/Leukaemi ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical C&M News www.companiesandmarkets.com/News/Healthcare-and-Medical/?aCode=f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.