2013-10-31 09:20:51 - New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
The life segment accounted for 59.7% of the country's insurance industry in 2012. The life segment's growth slackened in 2011 and 2012, after phenomenal expansion at a CAGR of 28.5% during 2006-2010. The changes in reporting basis to Chinese GAAP in 2011 (which excludes most premiums from variable universal life and investment-linked products) and new bancassurance regulations imposed by the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) in November 2010 reduced the growth in premium. Despite the current challenging operating environment for life insurance, the long-term growth potential remains encouraging given China's low insurance penetration, rising income levels and aging population.
* The life insurance segment is going through a sluggish phase, marred by uncertain economic growth and volatile market conditions.
* The ongoing tightening of regulation by the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) is also acting as a hindrance to growth.
* Despite the pressures, China remains a significant opportunity for insurers given the largely underpenetrated nature of the life insurance segment.
* The life segment accounted for 59.7% of the country's insurance industry in 2012.
* The segment is concentrated with 96% of the total life segment premium in 2012 distributed among domestic insurers.
* The long-term growth potential remains encouraging given China's low insurance penetration, rising income levels and aging population.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/709604_life_insurance_in_china_key_trends_an ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in China:
* It provides historical values for China's life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in China's life insurance segment, along with industry forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in China
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in China for the life insurance segment
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in China and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top life insurance companies in China and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Chinese life insurance segment and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Chinese life insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chinese insurance industry and its impact on companies and future trends in the industry
Companies Mentioned in this Report: China Life Insurance, Ping An Insurance Group, New China Life Insurance Co. Ltd, China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd, PICC Life, Taikang Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Taiping Life Insurance Company Ltd, Sino Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Sunshine Insurance Group Co., Ltd, China Post Life Insurance Company Ltd
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Regional Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Life Insurance
4.1 Scale and Penetration
4.1.1 Total gross written premium
4.1.2 Premium per capita
4.1.3 Life insurance penetration (as a percentage of GDP)
4.2.1 Gross written premium
4.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.3 Efficiency and Risk
4.3.1 Loss ratio
4.3.2 Combined ratio
4.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
4.4 Distribution Channels
4.4.1 Direct marketing
5 Chinese Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
5.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
6 Life Insurance Outlook
6.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
6.1.1 Individual life insurance
6.1.2 Individual general annuity insurance
6.1.3 Individual endowment insurance
6.1.4 Individual unit-linked insurance
6.1.5 Individual term life insurance
6.1.6 Group life insurance
6.1.7 Group superannuation insurance
6.2 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Product Type
6.2.1 Individual single-premium policies
6.2.2 Individual non-single-premium policies
6.2.3 Group single-premium policies
6.2.4 Group non-single-premium policies
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7.1 Direct Marketing
7.6 Other Channels
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Chinese Life Insurance
8.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier: Medium
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyer: Low
8.3 Barriers to Entry: Medium to High
8.4 Intensity of Rivalry: Medium to High
8.5 Threat of Substitutes: Low
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
9.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
9.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
10.2 Legislation Trends by Type of Insurance
10.2.1 Life insurance regulatory trends
10.2.2 Property insurance regulatory trends
10.2.3 Liability insurance regulatory trends
10.2.4 Motor insurance regulatory trends
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.