2014-03-01 16:14:56 - New Insurance research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Life insurance was the largest segment in the Swedish insurance industry in 2012, accounting for 73.7% of total industry premiums. The segment's value increased at a review-period (2008-2012) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% . The life segment is expected to record a forecast-period (2012-2017) CAGR of 3.4% . Insurance brokers and e-commerce were the main channels of distribution of life insurance products in Sweden, respectively accounting for 31.8% and 28% of the new business gross written premium in 2012.
* The Swedish life insurance segment was the largest in the country's insurance industry in 2012
* Private pension plans are expected to achieve considerable growth over the forecast period
* Occupational pension and endowment insurance accounted for
the majority of premiums generated in the segment during the review period, and are expected to continue to grow over the forecast period, driven by economic recovery and a fall in the unemployment rate
* The top 10 companies accounted for 89.3% of premium income in 2012
* As of 2012, 38 foreign insurers were present in the country, operating through branches or representative offices
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/775748_life_insurance_in_sweden_key_trends_a ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Sweden:
* It provides historical values for the Swedish life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Swedish life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Sweden.
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Sweden for the life insurance business.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Sweden and its growth prospects.
* It profiles the top life insurance companies in Sweden and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Swedish life insurance segment and each category within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Swedish life insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Swedish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Skandiakoncernen, Folksam, Alecta Pensionsforsakring, Omsesidigt, AMF Pension, SEB Trygg Liv, Lansforsakringar, SwedbankForsakring, NordeaLiv, Handelsbanken Liv, SPP
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Nordic Region Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Life Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
4.1 Scale and penetration
4.1.1 Total gross written premium
4.1.2 Premium per capita
4.1.3 Life insurance penetration (% of GDP)
4.2.1 Gross written premium
4.2.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.3 Efficiency and risk
4.3.1 Loss ratio
4.3.2 Combined ratio
4.3.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.3.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
4.4 Distribution channels
4.4.1 Direct marketing
4.4.4 Online channels
5 Swedish Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
5.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
6 Life Insurance Outlook
6.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
6.1.1 Individual pension
6.1.2 Individual endowment
6.1.3 Individual unit-linked insurance
6.1.4 Group life insurance
6.2 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Product Type
6.2.1 Individual single-premium policies
6.2.2 Individual non-single-premium policies
6.2.3 Group single-premium policies
6.2.4 Group non-single-premium policies
7 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7.1 Direct Marketing
7.6 Other Channels
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Swedish Life Insurance
8.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers: Medium
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers: High
8.3 Barriers to Entry: Low to Medium
8.4 Intensity of Rivalry: Medium
8.5 Threat of Substitutes: Medium to High
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
9.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
9.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
10.2 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
10.2.1 Life insurance
10.2.2 Property insurance
10.2.3 Motor insurance
10.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
10.2.5 Personal accident and health insurance
10.3 Compulsory Insurance
10.3.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
10.3.2 Workers' compensation insurance
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.