2013-02-17 14:45:57 - Fast Market Research recommends "C&A | Verdict Company Briefing" from Verdict Research, now available
In the year to February 2012, C&A performed moderately well, with gross sales increasing 3.2% to €6.8bn. The worst performing area was the Iberian Peninsula, with sales in Portugal and Spain down 1.7% to €571.0m, unsurprising given the state of the economy. This Verdict company briefing includes topline sales data split across its main markets and sales mixes for each clothing category.
Scope of this Report
* Justify and inform development of having an international presence by uncovering C&A's challenges and opportunities in the markets it operates in.
* Benchmark C&A's performance in clothing by using forecast sales mixes for 2013 across womenswear, menswear, childrenswear and accessories.
* Understand how competitive the value end of the European clothing market is by
building knowledge of C&A's competitors in the markets it operates in
C&A is achieving growth by opening more stores and so gaining market share from its rivals. The faster growing Rest of Europe segment includes Eastern European markets where C&A is rapidly growing from a low base. Though we do not believe this will be sufficient to make up fully for the problems in markets like France, Germany, Portugal and Spain
Full Report Details at
At the younger end of the market, C&A faces strong competition from H&M and Primark which are both expanding across Europe as well as the likes of French young fashion retailer Kiabi and locally-based operator New Yorker. These have managed to keep prices down as well as offer a fast fashion offer, something C&A has struggled to compete with.
While C&A has now made click & collect available in Germany, other aspects of online trading like a mobile optimised transactional site have yet to be launched. Rivals like H&M are now investing heavily and C&A cannot afford its service proposition to be left behind in its key markets.
Reasons to Get this Report
* How has C&A developed its online presence across Europe and what are its next steps in making its brand more accessible to a larger audience?
* What challenges does C&A face and which markets should it be focusing on within Europe?
* How should C&A differentiate its clothing offer and compete with growing players Primark and H&M which also operate at the value end of the market?
* How should C&A make its stores more appealing in order to attract a broader customer base, particularly younger shoppers choosing to shop elsewhere?
Report Table of Contents:
* Pushes forward with east European growth;
* New ranges move towards design and better quality;
* Gets to grips with selling online;
* Rolls out new look stores.
* Major expansion drive but threat from new rivals
* Verdict outlook
* Needs new markets to counter eurozone crisis effects
* Recent key events
* (Untitled sub-section)
* Store openings drive sales rise
* Expansion in both core and new markets
* Sector performance – clothing
* Verdict company briefing
* Financial information
* Further reading
* Table: C&A company information 2013
* Table: C&A retail proposition 2013
* Table: C&A Europe key operating statistics 2008–13e
* Table: C&A European store portfolio 2008-13e
* Figure: C&A fascia 2013
* Figure: Cindy Crawford @ C&A autumn/winter collection 2012/13
* Figure: C&A Europe sales (ex VAT) and growth to February 2008–13e
* Figure: C&A sales by country and region of Europe February 2013e
* Figure: C&A European clothing sales (inc VAT) to February 2008–13e
* Figure: C&A European clothing sales (incl VAT) February 2013e
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK?s leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.