2014-01-15 19:43:23 - New Financial Services market report from WealthInsight: "Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Italy 2013"
This report is a thorough analysis of Italy's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
* In 2012, real estate was the largest asset class for HNWIs in Italy with 25.7% of total HNWI assets, followed by equities with 18.2%, fixed-income with 17.3%, cash with 16.9%, business interests with 11.1%, and alternatives with 10.7%.
* Alternatives, equities and fixed-income products recorded the strongest growth during the review period.
* Alternative assets held by Italian HNWIs increased during the review period, from 8.4% of total HNWI assets in 2008 to 10.7% in 2012; HNWI allocations to commodities increased from 2.1% of total assets in 2008 to 2.7% in 2012.
* Over the forecast
period, WealthInsight expects allocations in commodities to decline to 2.0% of total HNWI assets by 2017, as global liquidity tightens due to a forecast near-term drop in demand from China for raw materials that will cause global commodity prices to flatten out.
* As of 2012, Italian HNWI liquid assets amounted to US$297 billion, representing 26.7% of wealth holdings.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/760683_challenges_and_opportunities_for_the_ ..
* Independent market sizing of Italy HNWIs across five wealth bands
* HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2008 to 2012
* HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2017
* HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
* Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
* Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2008-2012)
* Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
* The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
* The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
* With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
* Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking, Banca Fideuram SpA, UBI Private Banking, UniCredit Private Banking, Banca Aletti Private Banking, Banca Generali, Ersel Private Bank, Mediobanca Private Banking, Banca Intermobiliare di Investimenti e Gestioni SpA, MPS Private Banking, Banca Leonardo Private Banking, Banca Euromobiliare, Banca Popolare di Sondrio Private Banking, Banca Profilo Private Banking
Partial Table of Contents:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
3.1 Political Background
3.2 Economic Background
3.3 Benchmarking Italy's Wealth in Context
3.3.1 Distribution of wealth in Italy
3.4 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
4 Competitive Landscape of the Wealth Sector
4.1 Competitive Landscape
4.1.1 Private banks
4.1.2 Wealth managers
4.1.3 Family offices
4.1.4 Financial advisors
4.2 Developments in the Italian Private Banking Industry
4.3 The Italian Wealth Management Industry - Clientele Model and Maturity
4.4 Behavioral Mapping of Wealth Management and Private Banking in Italy
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Italy
5.1.2 Demand for intergenerational wealth transfer
5.1.3 Human resource availability for the wealth management industry
5.2 Regulations on Taxes
5.3 Regulations Related to Immigration, Investment and Employment
5.4 Key Drivers
5.4.1 LC to US$ exchange rate
5.4.2 Real GDP growth
5.4.3 Per capita GDP
5.4.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.4.5 Commodity index
5.4.6 Foreign direct investments - inflow and outflow
5.4.7 Inflation rate
5.4.8 Interest rate
5.4.9 Balance of payments
5.4.10 Government debt
5.4.11 Stock market performance
5.5 Wealth Breakdowns
6 About WealthInsight
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Regions in Italy,
Table 3: Largest Cities in Italy,
Table 36: Leading Domestic Private Banks in Italy by AuM,
Table 37: Leading Foreign Private Banks in Italy by AuM,
Table 38: Italian Wealth Managers,
Table 39: Italian Family Offices,
Table 40: Wealth Management Industry - Recent Deal Activity in Italy,
Table 41: Italian Income Tax Bands, 2012-
Table 42: EUR per US$ Exchange Rate, 2008-
Table 43: Italian Real GDP Growth (%), 2008-
Table 44: Italian GDP Per Capita (US$), 2008-
Table 45: Italian Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion) 2008-
Table 46: Italian Commodity Indices, 2008-
Table 47: Italian Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2008-
Table 48: Italian Inflation Rate (%), 2008-
Table 49: Italian Money Market Rate (%), 2008-
Full Table of Contents is available at:
WealthInsight provides detailed data and insightful analysis on the global wealth sector. With decades of experience providing business information, they help organizations in the wealth industry make informed decisions, position themselves more effectively and uncover and capitalize on opportunities to win new business. View more research from WealthInsight at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1036
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.