2012-10-26 14:31:11 - Fast Market Research recommends "China Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI expects the China consumer electronics market will grow by around 11% in 2012, higher than previously forecast, but still a moderation compared with 2011. Despite the global economic headwinds, Chinese retailers appeared to be optimistic about the outlook for increased sales of flat-screen TV sets and other consumer electronic products in 2012.Vendors will look to newer technologies such as Smart TVs; LED TV sets, which were expected to comprise around 50% of flat-panel sales in 2011; and 3D TV sets, forecast at around 10-20%, to drive sales. A second phase of the government's rural consumer electronics subsidy programme drove sales of computers, flat-screen TV sets and other products in H211. Electronics vendors and retailers were expanding and adjusting strategies
to take advantage of this opportunity.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/479405_china_consumer_electronics_report_q4_ ..
Computer hardware sales: US$72.6bn in 2011 to US$81.3bn in 2012, +11% in US dollar terms. Forecast upwardly revised in US dollar terms due to macroeconomic factors, with smaller towns and rural areas driving growth, and the arrival of the Windows 8 operating system and Ivy Bridge processor expected to provide a boost in H212. AV sales: US$70.9bn in 2011 to US$78.5bn in 2012, +9% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with the main driver being demand for flat-screen TV sets. Handset sales: US$39.2bn in 2011 to US$42.4bn in 2012, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised, with strong underlying growth rate of mobile subscribers.
Risk/Reward Ratings: China's score was 61 out of 100.0. China took 5th place in our latest RRR table, but due to its vast market and rising penetration has potential to rise over time.
Key Trends & Developments
* By the end of BMI's five-year forecast period, the rural PC and notebook market could account for as much as 35-40% of total China computer sales. The subsidy programme will continue to boost demand from the vast, under-penetrated rural areas. The lower-tier city and towns are expected to be the fastest growing segment of the PC market in 2012, although this has placed pressure on prices.
* After two years of robust growth in the TV market, vendors will also look to third- and fourthtier cities and rural areas to sustain demand for TV sets, after lower sales in major cities were the main cause of negative growth in H111. About 58% of LCD TV s are now sold through retail channels, with sales strongest during holiday peak shopping periods.The second phase of the government's household electronics products subsidy for rural residents also continued to be an important market driver in 2011.
* The tastes of Chinese consumers with regards to handsets also appears to be growing more sophisticated, with China now a key engine driving the global smartphone market. China Mobile forecasts sales of smartphones could reach 100mn units by 2013, while BMI projects that sales could pass 500m units by 2016. Vendors such as Samsung expect that China will be among their most important markets for smartphones.
Report Table of Contents:
- China Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- China Electronics Industry SWOT
- China Political SWOT
- China Economic SWOT
- China Business Environment SWOT
Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Asia-Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings, Q412
- Government Authority
- Hong Kong
Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: Computers: Demand
- Table: AV: Demand
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Handsets: Demand
Consumer Electronics Industry
- Table: IT Industry Overview
- Table: China's IT & Electronics Industry Revenue Breakdown By Sector
- Table: China's IT & Electronics Industry Output Breakdown By Product
- Table: Semiconductors Demand
- Table: Computers, Production
- Video, Audio And Gaming
- Table: AV: Production
- China TV set production April 2011 - March 2012 (Units, 000)
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Handsets: Demand
- Table: Handsets, Production
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview
Domestic Company Profiles
- Semiconductor International Manufacturing Corp Public: HKEX, NYSE
- Table: China's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: China's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: China's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: China's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.