2013-12-08 15:22:08 - New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Tourism Report Q1 2014"
Tourism in the Czech Republic suffered as a result of the economic downturn in Europe. However, arrivals have shown steady recovery and we expect to see solid increases in inbound tourism throughout the forecast period. Outbound tourism is expected to show slower but still sturdy growth through to 2017, with similar increases expected across other key market indicators.
Inbound arrivals are dominated by countries in Europe, which make up nine out of the top 10 markets; six from Western Europe (Germany, Italy, the UK, France, Spain and The Netherlands) and three from Central and Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland and Slovakia). With much of tourism reliant on European markets, the continued economic recovery of key markets is vital for the long-term viability
of the Czech tourism sector, with the health of the German and Russian economies of particular importance. So long as economic recovery continues we expect inbound arrivals to reach close to 17mn in 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723558_czech_republic_tourism_report_q1_2014 ..
Outbound travel is also expected to increase throughout the forecast period, to reach 7mn in 2017, up from 6.2mn in 2013. As with inbound travel, outbound departures are dominated by countries in Europe. This reflects the Czech Republic's central location within Europe, with good air links and other transport links to both east and west.
Although there is currently little new investment in the airport infrastructure in the country due to limited financial resources, there have been a number of large projects in the rail and road sectors, reflecting the country's central location and the fact that a major portion of its tourists arrive via land rather than by air.
The hotel sector does offer substantial opportunity for growth, which has been recognised by many of the top global hotel chains, with several planning new hotels in the country in the next few years, including the American group Choice Hotels. The Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region as a whole is currently perceived as offering extremely attractive investment opportunities for hotel groups and other tourist-related industries - largely due to rising domestic tourism as well as regional tourism, supported by an increase in higher disposable incomes.
Key Forecasts Include:
* BMI believes that the number of hotels and other accommodation establishments in the Czech Republic will continue to increase across our forecast period to 2017 to reach close to 5,000 properties.
* Outbound air traffic has increased over recent years. However, owing to continued economic uncertainty, and the poor showing in Q113 for the overall economy, we have reduced our outbound departures forecast for 2013, to 6.2mn.
* International tourism receipt forecasts have been increased, to over US$9.46bn, reflecting the wider economic improvement seen in many of the country's main source markets, and an increase in the forecast 2013 arrivals from a number of countries, including the US.
* Taking all of the risks and rewards together, the Czech Republic obtains an overall Rating of 54 this quarter, putting it in eighth position for the Central and Easter Europe region, between Moldova and Armenia.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Czech Republic Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017
- Table: Czech Republic Inbound Tourism, Top 10 Markets By arrivals, 2010-2017
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Czech Republic Outbound Tourism, 2010-2017
- Table: Czech Republic Outbound Tourism, Top 10 destinations By Departures, 2010-2017
- Table: Czech Republic Travel Methods, 2010-2017
- Table: Czech Republic International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: Czech Republic Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017
- Table: Czech Republic Hotels and Restaurants Industry Value, 2009-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- Czech Republic Risk/Reward Ratings
- Czech Republic Security Risks
- Table: Central and Eastern Europe Security Ratings
- Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in Czech Republic
- Orea Hotels
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Overnight Stays And Average Length Of Stay, 2010-2017
- Table: Hotel Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2012-2018
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2012-2015 (% change y-o-y)
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets, Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2012-2015
- Table: BMI Versus Bloomberg Consensus Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2013 And 2014 (%)
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.