2013-08-28 08:36:54 - Fast Market Research recommends "Iran Defence & Security Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
The report examines the trends occurring in the country's current and future defence procurement, and the order of battle across its armed forces. The report's general conclusion is that despite the domestic and diplomatic respite provided by the recent election of reformist-minded president, Hassan Rouhani, Iran faces extreme economic and security challenges partly as a result of its nuclear programme and also of its unpopular support for the Assad regime in Syria
International sanctions have gutted Iran's oil exports, which have now sunk to less than half of their usual level. The United States government hopes that this extreme economic pressure, combined with the buildup of military assets in the region, will force the Iranians to make concessions before Israel launches
a military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities; a major US-Israel arms deal in April saw the Jewish state receive sale of advanced ballistic technology and aircraft, something that will concern Iran's leadership.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/670649_iran_defence_security_report_q4_2013. ..
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Despite sanctions, the regime continues to proceed with ballistic missile technology; a July report from the Pentagon to the US Congress warned of Iran developing ICBM capability 'by 2015'. However, the West and Iran are likely to 'muddle through' in the near-term - this will likely take the form of further negotiations amid a backdrop of continuing sanctions and tension with Israel.
* Iran may move to develop alliances to non-aligned regional powers; a delegation from Tehran recently held a meeting with India's defence minister, raising the possibility for closer relations.
* A report from the United Kingdom's parliament in July criticised the granting of arms export licences to firms attempting to send materiel to a number of suspect countries - including Iran. This demonstrates the regime's interest in renewing and developing its under-pressure arms industry.
* Iran will face more political and diplomatic pressure in the MENA region; its proxy in Lebanon - Hizbullah - has become embroiled in Syria's civil war, and newspaper reports have claimed that Iran has been training separatist fighters in southern Yemen.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Iran Defence SWOT
- Iran Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Iran Defence Expenditure
- Table: Expenditure Scenario: Changing % Of Gov Expenditure (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Iran Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Iran Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Sector Production
- Economic Analysis
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- MENA Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Regional Security Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Iran Security Rating
- Iran Defence Market Overview
- Market Overview
- Armed Forces and Government Spending
- Industry Trends & Developments
- Weapons Of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
- Iran Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- China Great Wall Industry Corporation
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant
- Aerospace Industries Organization
- Ammunition & Metallurgy Industries Group
- Defence Industries Corporation
- Iran Electronics Industries
- Middle East and Africa Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.