2013-01-31 09:01:46 - New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Jordan Telecommunications Report Q1 2013"
BMI View: The strong take-up of mobile services during 9M12 notwithstanding, BMI retains the view that mobile subscriptions growth will slow significant over the next few years owing to market saturation and the discounting of inactive lines. By contrast, the data segment will maintain its solid growth during our forecast period, through to 2017, driven by rapid network expansion and high consumer demand.
* The mobile market grew by 13.7% in 9M12 as subscriber acquisitions tempered in Q212 and Q312 compared to Q112.
* At the end of Q212, over 57% of broadband connections in the country were using a wireless connection, according to TRC data.
* The fixed-line market declined by 1.8% in H112, compared to an 11%
decline during the same period in 2011.
* Mobile ARPUs recovered slightly in Q312, with the average market weighted rate rising by 2.8% q-o-q.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529390_jordan_telecommunications_report_q1_2 ..
Jordan remains in ninth position on BMI's Risk/Reward Ratings table for Q312, although we revised the country's aggregate score using our new ratings methodology. Jordan scores below the regional average in the Industry Rewards, Country Rewards and Country Risk categories of our ratings table. However, significant government interest and, often times, interference in the telecoms sector in many countries across the region places Jordan above the regional average in the Industry Risks category.
Key Trends And Developments
The latest quarterly results from Jordan's telecoms regulator highlight the phenomenal growth in mobile broadband connections in the country. At the end of Q212, over 57% of broadband connections in the country were using a wireless connection, according to TRC data. While ADSL continues to grow, it remains a firm second in the country's most popular forms of connection. Orange launched the first 3G network in 2010 while Zain and Umniah followed suit 2011 and 2012 respectively. The operators have offered attractive promotions to encourage subscribers to use mobile internet. While this is predominantly for mobile internet services via a mobile handset, the new services have clearly struck a chord with subscribers looking for a dedicated mobile broadband connection for their internet needs.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI Industry View
- Mobile SWOT Analysis
- Wireline SWOT Analysis
Industry Business Environment Overview
- Middle East And North Africa Risk/Reward Ratings - Q1 2013
- Industry Rewards
- Country Rewards
- Industry Risk
- Country Risks
- Table: MENA Telecom Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
- Table: Telecoms - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecast
- Table: Telecoms - Mobile ARPU - Historical Data & Forecast
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data & Forecast
- Table: Telecoms - Internet - Historical Data & Forecast
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Jordan Mobile Market Regional Comparison, 2011
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Table: Jordan Mobile Market ('000)
- Market Share
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Contract Wins
- Table: Mobile Contract Wins
- Table: Selected VAS
- Table: Market Overview
- Table: Orange
- Table: Zain
- Table: Umniah
- Middle East - Data Networks Key To VAS Development
- Crossovers Dominate The Landscape
- OTT Players And Content Providers: Collaboration vs Competition
- Apps Will Thrive On Advanced Data Networks
- M2M Offers Opportunities
- Fixed Line
- Table: Fixed-Line Subscribers, 2009-2012
- Table: Jordan Internet Subscribers By Access Technologies, 2009-2012
Industry Trends And Developments
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Regulatory Development
- Table: Jordan: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Competitive Landscape
- Key Players
- Table: Key Players - Jordan Telecoms Markets
- Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators
- Jordan Telecom
- Zain Jordan
- Alcatel-Lucent - Returning To Prominence In Emerging Markets
- Table: Alcatel-Lucent - Quarterly Breakdowns Of Revenue By Segments, 2011-2012 (EURmn)
- Under Pressure Despite Carriers' Needs For More Bandwidth
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: Table: Jordan's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Table: Jordan's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Table: Jordan's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Table: Jordan's Rural/Urban Population Split, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.