2013-12-12 16:26:10 - Fast Market Research recommends "OpportunityAnalyzer: Diabetic Foot Ulcers - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2017" from GlobalData, now available
Diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) are a common complication of diabetes, and with the increasing prevalence of diabetes across all markets, the number of patients suffering from DFUs is also expected to rise. Despite the availability of various treatment modalities, there are currently few advanced wound care products available to treat hard-to-heal chronic wounds. In addition, for the past 15 years, Regranex (becaplermin) has been the only pharmacologic wound-healing agent available; however, it is rarely used due a perceived lack of efficacy.
The DFU market is now set to enter an exciting phase with the potential launch of three wound-healing agents in the next five years; Olympus Biotech's trafermin (recombinant human basic fibroblast growth factor), Macrocure's CureXcell (activated leukocyte suspension), and Derma
Sciences' DSC127 (NorLeu3-A[1-7]). The first two topical antibacterials, Innocoll's Cogenzia (gentamicin-collagen sponge) and Dipexium Pharmaceuticals' Locilex (pexiganan acetate cream 1%), are also expected to launch in the US and the five major EU markets (5EU). Both pipeline agents offer an alternative way to treat infection by localizing an antibiotic directly at the wound site.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/752887_opportunityanalyzer_diabetic_foot_ulc ..
With the advent of these new product launches, the size of the DFU market is expected to grow substantially during the five-year forecast period.
* Overview of DFUs, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines
* Annualized DFU therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012, and forecast to 2017Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications
* Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global DFU therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global DFU therapeutics market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global DFU therapeutics market in future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
* Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
* Track drug sales in the global DFU therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
3 Disease Overview
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
3.2 Assessment of DFUs
3.2.1 Patient History and Visual Examination
3.2.2 Testing for Neuropathy
3.2.3 Testing Vascular Status
3.2.4 Identifying Infection
3.3 Classification of Diabetic Foot Ulcers
4.1 Disease Background
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
4.2.1 An increased duration of diabetes triples the risk of DFUs
4.2.2 Men diabetics are at higher risk for DFUs than women diabetics
4.3 Global Trends
4.4 Forecast Methodology
4.4.1 Sources Used
4.4.2 Sources Not Used
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Diabetes
4.4.4 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Diabetic Foot Ulcers
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for DFUs (2012-2022)
4.5.1 Total Prevalent Cases of DFUs
4.5.2 Age-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of DFUs
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of DFUs
4.5.4 Total Prevalent Cases of Diabetic Foot Infections
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis
5 Current Treatment Options
5.2 Product Profiles - Wound-Healing Agents
5.2.1 Regranex (becaplermin) Gel
5.3 Product Profiles - Cell-Based Skin Substitutes
5.3.1 Dermagraft (human fibroblast-derived dermal substitute)
5.3.2 Apligraf (bi-layered skin substitute)
5.3.3 Grafix (human cellular repair matrix)
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
6.2 Unmet Needs Analysis
6.2.1 Improved Patient and Physician Education: Emphasis on the Importance of Off-Loading
6.2.2 Improved Multidisciplinary Approach to Patient Treatment with Common Protocols
6.2.3 More Effective Treatments for Neuroischemic Wounds
6.2.4 More Effective Antibacterial Treatments for Infected DFUs
6.2.5 Affordable Products and Improved Reimbursement
6.2.6 In-Home Sensing Systems for the Early Prevention of DFUs
6.3 Opportunity Analysis
6.3.1 Wound-Healing Agents for the Treatment of Neuroischemic Ulcers
6.3.2 Topical Antibiotics for the Treatment of DFUs
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.