2014-01-15 04:12:19 - New Pharmaceuticals research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Uveitis is an expanding market currently dominated by corticosteroid treatment options as well as off-label immunosuppressive and biologic drugs. Since the conventional corticosteroid treatment is only effective in 50-60% of patients a significant number of patients can be targeted with the new treatment options. While anterior uveitis patients represent the majority of patients, all but one of the new treatments in late stage clinical development target the intermediate, posterior and pan uveitis patient segment. The uveitis market is expected to grow between 2012 and 2017, due to the introduction of biologic drugs as well as a diversification of administrative routes. Market growth is created by the increase in treatment costs and will continue beyond the forecasted time period. The new
treatments will target some key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for drugs capable of permanently inhibiting ocular inflammation as well as offering an improved safety profile.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/760050_opportunityanalyzer_uveitis_opportuni ..
Key Questions Answered
* The uveitis market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the uveitis market?
* The late-stage uveitis pipeline is filled with diverse molecules and routes of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the uveitis market. Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
* The current uveitis market is dominated by corticosteroids as well as off-label immunosuppressive and biologic drugs. How will the introduction of biologic drugs change the treatment landscape once reimbursement is not a problem anymore? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
* The main driver of the expansion of the uveitis market will be the introduction of biologic drugs, which will increase the market size significantly. The introduction of new ocular administration routes will strengthen the market growth further.
* An additional driver for the uveitis market is the assignment of orphan drug status to several uveitis drugs.
* The biggest barrier for the introduction of the more costly treatment options like biologics will be reimbursement especially in the European markets. To ensure reimbursement companies will have to work closely together with payers and price their drugs competitively.
* Pipeline drugs developed by small to mid-size pharma companies represent a good opportunity for companies to enter the uveitis market and to strengthen their ophthalmology department.
* Overview of uveitis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
* Annualized uveitis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for five years to 2017.
* Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the uveitis therapeutics market.
* Pipeline analysis: focus on the five late-stage pipeline drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
* Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global uveitis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
* Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global uveitis therapeutics market.
* Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global uveitis therapeutics market in future.
* Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
* Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
* Track drug sales in the global uveitis therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.