2013-12-12 17:31:45 - New Consumer Goods research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Tourist volumes increased in Russia during the review period (2008–2012), driven by rising disposable incomes and tourism promotion initiatives by the Russian government. Inbound tourist volumes expanded at a review-period CAGR of 4.45%, and are expected to increase further over the forecast period (2013–2017) at a CAGR of 8.86%.
* Russia’s economy is expected to grow by 1.8% and 2.9% in 2013 and 2014 respectively. Private consumption growth, supported by rising real wage gains and low unemployment rates, is anticipated to remain the nation’s key economic driver. Moreover, the high prices charged for crude oil and gas – Russia’s main exports – will also support economic growth.
* With a land mass of 17 million km2, Russia
is the largest country in the world. Its territory extends from the Baltic Sea in the west to the Sea of Japan in the east and comprises 11 time zones. Russia’s vast geographical expanse includes snow-covered mountains, vast rivers and lakes, Siberian wilderness, popular sea resorts around the Black Sea coast, and 23 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Russia’s rich cultural heritage, borne out of a mixture of Vikings, ancient Slavs, Mongols, Tatars, Scythians, Swedish, Greeks, Genoese and others, is a big draw for tourists.
* In May 2013, the Russian Federation Federal Agency for Tourism (Rosturizm) held seven international forums devoted to various aspects of domestic tourism development in Yaroslavl, Kirov, Belgorod, Sverdlovsk, and the Republics of Khakassia, Komi and Tatarstan. Topics covered included the government’s participation in the development of the tourism industry, development of children’s tourism, inter-regional and cross-border cooperation, development of agriculture and eco-tourism, directions for the formation and promotion of national and regional tourism products, improvements to the quality of tourism services and an increase in competitiveness.
* The 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi and the 2018 FIFA World Cup are expected to improve the country’s image and encourage growth in inbound tourism over the forecast period. Preparation for these events will include improvements in transportation and accommodation infrastructure, which will also help to develop tourism in these regions in the long term.
* According to the Federal Tourism Agency, in the first quarter of 2013, outbound tourism in Russia increased by 19%, adding 3.3 million tourists, when compared to the corresponding period in 2012. The most popular destinations were Egypt, Thailand, Finland, China, the UAE and Germany.
* The Russian government is aiming to increase the capacity of domestic and international LCCs. Changes to legislation, such as refundable tickets, inclusion of checked luggage and in-flight food and beverages are expected to encourage LCC activity; the carrier type’s market share is projected to reach 35% by 2023.
* As of 2012, 55% of all the international brand hotels in Russia were located in Moscow and Saint Petersburg, while Sochi, one of the sites of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, has only 10%. Leading companies in the Russian hotel market are Rezidor Hotel Group with 21 hotels and 6,357 rooms, InterContinental Hotel Group with 14 hotels and 3,888 rooms, Marriott International with 14 hotels and 3,482 rooms, and Accor Hotels with 10 hotels and 2,149 rooms.
* Demand for rental cars primarily originates from inbound travelers. With the majority of inbound tourism originating from neighboring countries such as Finland, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, road travel is the preferred mode of transport. Other Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries also share road links with Russia.
* Russians still prefer travel agencies when making their travel plans. However, this is expected to change over time as an increasing number of people are making use of the internet to book their trips instead of going to travel agencies. According to a special evaluation of IPK International’s from 2008 to 2012 the market share of internet travel bookings in Russia has nearly quadrupled, rising from nine to 42%.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754323_travel_and_tourism_in_russia_to_2017. ..
This report provides an extensive analysis related to tourism demands and flows in Russia:
* It details historical values for the Russian tourism sector for 2008–2012, along with forecast figures for 2013–2017
* It provides comprehensive analysis of the travel and tourism demand factors with values for both the 2008–2012 review period and the 2013–2017 forecast period
* The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in Russia
* It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries with values for both the 2008–2012 review period and the 2013–2017 forecast period
Reasons to Get this Report
* Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Russian travel and tourism sector
* Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Russian travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Aeroflot OAO, Rossiya Airlines OJSC, JSC S7 Airlines, Aviakompaniya UTair OAO, Transaero Airlines OJSC, Kempinski Hotels Russia, Rezidor Hotel Group Russia, Accor Hotels Russia, Heliopark Hotels & Resorts, Azimut Hotels Company, Sixt Russia, Axsel Rent, Avis Car Rental Russia, Hertz Russia, Europcar Russia, Intourist LLC, TUI Russia & CIS, Russkiy Express, Coral Travel, Natalie Tours
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.