2013-01-18 16:45:16 - Recently published research from Verdict Research, "UK Annual Forecasts 2012-17: DIY & Gardening", is now available at Fast Market Research
In 2013, the DIY & gardening sector grows again as gardening rebounds strongly from its tough 2012. Growth continues up to 2017 as DIY grows again as the housing market improves and gardening stays strong. However, there are significant changes within the sector. Non-specialists will gain a greater market share and specialists are striking a balance between reducing space while maintaining sales.
* Utilise our strategies for success to improve performance and gain a insight into what issues will impact the DIY & gardening market in the future.
* Strategically plan product mix to maximise sales with forecasts and analysis for a number of categories within the market up to 2017.
* Gain a greater understanding of how DIY specialists
& superstores will perform over the next five years in sales, store numbers, space and densities.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/530237_uk_annual_forecasts_201217_diy_garden ..
Growth returns to the market in 2013 as the gardening sector recovers from its poor 2012 when the poor weather impacted sales. The DIY sub-sector grows again in 2014 as the housing market improves and gains momentum later in the period as shoppers redecorate their home. Gardening stays buoyant up to 2017 as it is used more as a social space.
Non-specialists are set to gain a greater share of the DIY & gardening market with garden centres being the main beneficiary as more shoppers convert their garden into an extra room and become more of a destination for shoppers with restaurants to encourage dwell time. Grocers also gain share as they can offer lower prices and greater convenience.
With challenging conditions for DIY, retailers are actively aiming to exit from unprofitable space and make remaining space work harder. From 2012 to 2017, specialist space is forecast to fall by 3.0%, through stores being closed and space being sub-let to other retailers. With stronger sales during this period, we expect densities to increase.
Reasons to Get this Report
* How big is the DIY & gardening market, how will it change over the next five years and what will drive this difference?
* When will growth return to the sub-categories in DIY & gardening and how will they perform over the next five years?
* Which products and events will be driving growth and which channels are set to gain a greater share of the market?
* What are the key issues that will impede or maximise future growth opportunities?
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK's leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.