2014-01-07 21:52:34 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Ukraine Autos Report Q1 2014"
In Ukraine, vehicle production declined 39.5% year-on-year (y-o-y) in the first 11 months of the year, to 44,062 units. During this period, passenger car production declined 39.8% y-o-y, to 40,118 units, and commercial vehicle (CV) production dropped 38% y-o-y, to 1,831 units. On the back of output volumes over the year, and our view that many European markets, which are the country's leading trade partners, are bottoming out somewhat, we forecast total vehicle production to fall 39.6% in 2013. This comes from an expected drop of 40% in the passenger car market, and a 35% decline in the CV segment.
Full Report Details at
This reflects further declines from 2012, when vehicle production in Ukraine fell by 27.1%, to
76,281 units. Over the year, passenger car production declined 28.6%, to 69,687 units, and CV production declined 6.7%, to 6,954 units.
Most of Ukraine's passenger car output is destined for Western Europe, where many markets have bottomed out, and we expect to see a moderation in their sales declines, although many still remain in contractionary territory. CV production has historically been driven by strong export growth, but this dropped off in 2012 as manufacturing activity declined across much of Europe; we expect this segment to remain weak in 2013.
BMI maintains a bearish outlook on private consumption in Ukraine. We expect to see a slight slowdown in consumption over the year, as unemployment continues to increase and real wage growth slows. Further, our expectation for a currency devaluation in H213 also implies a future reduction in household purchasing power.
In the first 11 months of the year, passenger car sales in Ukraine declined 10.8% y-o-y, to 192,304 units. This follows a 24.5% decline and 30.7% y-o-y drop in October. Following growth earlier in the year, we previously highlighted that we expected the market to fall in the final few months of the year; this is playing out. On the back of an increasingly weak macro picture, impending devaluation, and artificially strong growth in 2012, we forecast an 8% decline in passenger car sales in 2013.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Production And Sales
- Table: Ukraine Vehicle Production, 2011-2017
- Table: Ukraine Vehicle Sales, 2011-2017
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Passenger Car Sales and Production - Data And Forecasts
- Key Players
- Table: Passenger Car Production By Brand
- Table: Passenger Car Sales By Brand
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Production Forecasts
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Production By Brand
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Sales Forecasts
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Sales By Brand
- Economic Analysis
- Real GDP By Expenditure Breakdown
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: Ukraine - Economic Activity
Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Company Monitor
- Table: Opel's Production Sites
- Europe Regional Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Ukraine's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Ukraine's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Ukraine's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Ukraine's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.