2013-12-09 12:34:04 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q1 2014"
Headline Industry Data
* 2014 Jebel Ali and Port Rashid total tonnage throughput growth forecast at 5.4%, and to average 4.5% to 2018.
* Sharjah terminals container throughput (KCT and SCT) is forecast to grow by 5.9% in 2014, averaging 6.2% over the medium term.
* Jebel Ali container throughput is forecast to grow by 7.3% in 2014. Through to 2018, we expect growth to average 5.9%.
* Total trade real growth is forecast at 6.9% in 2014 and to average 5.3% through to 2018.
Key Industry Trends
GEFCO Deal Gives Hyundai Options: Hyundai Motor has reached a deal with logistics provider GEFCO, to handle the carmaker's transportation and distribution operations in Dubai for 12,000 cars a year. While the deal will
give Hyundai a solid re-export hub for the region, BMI believes one of the most significant features of the deal is a new route to Iraq, where the company's sales have been curtailed by the war in Syria, which has cut off its main trade route.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723525_united_arab_emirates_shipping_report_ ..
UASC To Ensure Sustainability Of Fleet: United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) plans to add 10 fuel-efficient container ships to its fleet. The firm is working with South Korean manufacturing firm Hyundai Heavy Industry to reduce the fuel consumption and running cost of the vessels, which will have the capacity to carry 14,000 or 18,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).
Gulfnav To Exit Crude Shipping: Following a dramatic series of events, Gulf Navigation Holding (Gulfnav), the UAE-based tanker operator, has announced that it is to sell its two very large crude carriers (VLCCs), and has presumably also cancelled an expansion strategy that would have involved purchasing more of the mega vessels.
Should tensions between Israel and Iran escalate to any significant degree in 2014, thereby leading to a conflict in the Gulf, then our forecasts for UAE would be seriously jeopardised. Equally, given the UAE and its ports' exposure to global trade patterns, any significant stall in the economic recovery in the US or the eurozone could also derail our projections
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Port Of Jebel Ali Throughput
- Port Khalifa Throughput
- Table: Major Port Data, 2010-2017
- Table: Trade Overview, 2010-2017
- Table: Key Trade Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Main Import Partners, 2004-2011
- Table: Main Export Partners, 2004-2011
- UAE Container Shipping Market Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
- United Arab Shipping Company (UASC)
- Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO)
- Gulf Energy Maritime
- Gulf Navigation Holding
Shipping - Global Industry View
- Box Demand: Container Outlook Strengthening In 2014
- Supply: Slowing New Vessel Deliveries To Decrease Overcapacity Pressure
- Table: Q313 Container Vessel Deliveries
- Table: 2013 Mega Vessel Orders
- Box Rates: Rate Push In Preparation For 2014
- Table: 2012 & 2013 SCFI Europe Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
- Table: 2012 & 2013 SCFI USWC Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
Global Company Strategy
- Maersk Line
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- CMA CGM
- Evergreen Line
- COSCO Container Lines Company
- Economic Analysis
- Fiscal Position Remains Solid
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: United Arab Emirates' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.