2014-03-27 22:29:58 - New Medical Devices market report from GlobalData: "MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts"
Although autograft is still perceived as the gold-standard material in bone grafting, the wide array of alternatives available in the market has resulted in a gradual shift towards increased adoption of bone grafts and substitutes (BGS), especially in the US and European markets. In contrast to the general picture in developed countries, autograft bone still represents the most popular option during bone grafting in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and South America.
The global competitive landscape in each of the segments (including traditional allograft bone, machined allograft bone, BMPs, DBMs, synthetic bone substitutes, and cell-based matrices) is difficult to define as the regulatory conditions for BGS differ from country to country, and therefore the market leaders can vary significantly in each segment
of the market.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/777727_medipoint_bone_grafts_and_substitutes ..
* An overview of BGS, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
* Annualized APAC BGS market revenue and future forecasts from 2010 to 2012, forecast for 7 years to 2019.
* Investigation of current and future market competition for BGS.
* Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
* Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
* Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
* Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
* Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
* An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
* Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
* Coverage of key market players.
* Strategic assessment of the BGS sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
* Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL).
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the trends shaping and driving APAC BGS Market.
* Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
* Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in APAC BGS market through 2019.
* Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
* Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
* Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
* Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
* Take a comprehensive look at the market's device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
* Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
* What's the next big thing in APAC BGS market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Alphatec Spine, AlloSource, Bacterin, Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Exactech, Globus Medical, Integra LifeSciences, Medtronic, NuVasive, Olympus Biotech, Orthofix, RTI Surgical, Stryker, Wright Medical, Zimmer Holdings
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Related Reports
3 Clinical Outcomes
3.2 Autograft Bone
3.3 Allograft Bone
3.4 Bone Graft Substitutes
3.4.1 BMPs/Growth Factors
3.4.3 Synthetic Bone Substitutes
3.4.4 Cell-Based Matrices
4 Industry Overview
4.1 Procedural Trends
4.2 Market Access
4.3 Regulatory Issues/Recalls
4.3.1 FDA Convened a Dispute Resolution Panel to Discuss Wright Medical's Augment Bone Graft (October 2013)
4.3.2 FDA Issued a Warning Letter over Globus Medical's MicroFuse Bone Growth Putty (September 2013)
4.3.3 Medtronic and the Australia Therapeutic Goods Administration Recalled Unused Lots of INFUSE LT-Cage Bone Graft Kits (June 2013)
4.3.4 Alphatec Spine Voluntarily Stopped Shipping PureGen (February 2013)
4.3.5 FDA Rejected Approval of Medtronic's AMPLIFY rhBMP-2 Matrix (March 2011)
4.4 Mergers & Acquisitions/Key Partnerships
4.4.1 Bacterin Developed Strategic Alliance with DMP Spine Biologics (November 2013)
4.4.2 RTI Surgical Entered into a New Distribution Deal with Medtronic Sofamor Danek (October 2013)
4.4.3 RTI Biologics Completed Acquisition of Pioneer Surgical Technology (July 2013)
4.4.4 Amedica Commenced Distribution of Dynamic Surgical's Dynamic Bone Expandable Allograft (April 2012)
4.5 Economic Impacts
4.6 Market Drivers
4.6.1 Disadvantages of Autografts
4.6.2 Continued Increase in the Procedure Volumes of Spinal and Orthopedic Surgeries
4.6.3 New Generation of Biological or Synthetic Materials
4.6.5 Improved Patient Awareness
4.7 Market Opportunities
4.7.1 Stem Cell Therapies
4.7.2 Foot and Ankle Market
4.7.3 Comprehensive Orthobiologics Platform
4.7.4 Antibiotics-Eluting Bone Graft Substitutes
4.7.5 Emerging Countries
4.8 Market Barriers
4.8.1 Variations in Regulations
4.8.2 Lingering Questions on rhBMP-2 to Generate Negative Spillover Effects
4.8.3 Negative Publicity Concerning Screening and Processing Methods of Allograft
4.8.4 Reimbursement and Pricing Pressure
4.8.5 Proving Clinical Efficacy
4.8.6 Medical Device Excise Tax
5 Competitive Assessment
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.