2014-03-30 13:23:15 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "MediPoint: Electrophysiology - US Analysis and Market Forecasts", is now available at Fast Market Research
Still in its infancy, the electrophysiology (EP) device market has seen significant adoption; as more physicians become experienced in diagnostic and ablation techniques, increasing numbers of hospitals purchase supportive equipment, device price-points fall, and efficacy improves. This continued growth is also driven by technological advancements including the emergence of next-generation ablation technologies, improvements in catheter diagnostics, and advancements in lab systems. Further, as imaging modalities improve, patients are exposed to less radiation than ever before, which will only further drive diagnostics.
The EP market in the US continues to grow and is driven by new physician adoption, increases in patient awareness, improvements in reimbursement, and the introduction of next-generation devices. As players in the market further consolidate, as seen with Boston
Scientific's acquisition of C.R. Bard, competition continues to rise with a select number of manufacturers fighting for valuable market share.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/782732_medipoint_electrophysiology_us_analys ..
* An overview of electrophysiology, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
* Annualized US electrophysiology market revenue from 2005 to 2013, forecast for 7 years to 2020.
* Investigation of current and future market competition for electrophysiology
* Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
* Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
* Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
* Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
* Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
* An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
* Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
* Coverage of key market players.
* Strategic assessment of the electrophysiology sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
* Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the trends shaping and driving the US electrophysiology market.
* Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
* Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the US electrophysiology market through 2020.
* Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
* Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
* Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
* Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
* Take a comprehensive look at the market's device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
* Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
* Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
* What's the next big thing in the US electrophysiology market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 8
1.1 List of Tables 14
1.2 List of Figures 19
2 Introduction 20
2.1 Catalyst 20
2.2 Related Reports 20
3 Industry Overview 21
3.1 Introduction 21
3.2 Anatomy and Physiology 21
3.2.1 Etiology 22
3.2.2 Risk Factors 23
3.2.3 Types of Arrhythmia 24
3.3 Clinical Presentation 27
3.3.1 Symptoms 27
3.4 Diagnosis 27
3.4.1 Blood and Urine Diagnostic Procedures 28
3.4.2 Electrocardiography-Based Diagnostic Procedures 28
3.4.3 Computerized Tomographic Angiography 29
3.4.4 Electrophysiological Testing 29
3.4.5 Electromechanical Wave Imaging 30
3.4.6 Echocardiography 30
3.4.7 Tilt-Taable Testing 30
3.4.8 Diagnostic and Electrophysiological Studies 31
3.4.9 New York Heart Association Scale 31
3.4.10 American College of Cardiology Scale 31
3.5 Epidemiology 32
3.5.1 Prevalence 32
3.6 Market Segmentation 35
3.6.1 Electrophysiology Diagnostic Catheter 35
3.6.2 Electrophysiology Ablation Catheter 35
3.6.3 Electrophysiology Lab Systems 50
3.7 Treatment Costs, Pricing, and Reimbursement 50
3.7.1 Direct Costs 53
3.7.2 Indirect Costs 55
3.7.3 US Costs 57
3.7.4 Pricing of Electrophysiology Devices and Equipment 59
3.7.5 Reimbursement 60
3.8 Market Characterization 61
3.8.1 Growing Patient Population Suitable for Treatment 61
3.8.2 Increasing Prevalence of Arrhythmia with Age 62
3.8.3 Emergence of Remote Catheter Navigation and Ablation Technology 63
3.8.4 Focus on the Development of "Single Shot" Devices 66
3.8.5 Catheter Localization Aided by Novel Mapping and Visualization Techniques 67
3.8.6 Electrophysiology Market Trends in Inorganic Growth through Consolidation 68
3.8.7 Lack of Skilled and Experienced Electrophysiologists to Negatively Impact Procedure Volumes and Hinder Market Growth 68
3.8.8 Awareness and Education to Drive Earlier Intervention 69
3.9 Regulatory Issues and Recalls 70
4 Segment Analysis 71
4.1 Ablation Catheters Market Dynamics 71
4.1.1 Ablation Catheters Market Drivers 71
4.1.2 Ablation Catheters Market Barriers 88
4.2 Diagnostic Catheters Market Dynamics 99
4.2.1 Diagnostic Catheters Market Drivers 99
4.2.2 Diagnostic Catheters Market Barriers 100
4.3 Lab Systems Market Dynamics 103
4.3.1 Lab Systems Market Drivers 103
Full Table of Contents is available at:
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.