2013-01-14 01:03:21 - Motorist Behaviour and Implications at the Service Station: Sweden - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
One in three motorists in Sweden look at service station pricing boards closely before deciding where to fill up. Retailers can attract price-conscious motorists by providing indirect price discounts through loyalty schemes.
Attributes related to convenience and time-efficiency continue to have a high influence on Swedish motorists´ service station choice. Pay-at-pump is the most frequently used forecourt services in Sweden.
Almost 70% of all motorists purchase a convenience product from service stations in Sweden and tobacco is the most frequently bought product category in forecourt shops. Statoil was voted the best fuel retailer by motorists in terms of fuel price, shop products and customer service.
Verdict has conducted a study of over 8,000 motorists across eight European countries to assess how their buying
behavior changed over the second half of 2010. These briefs summarise their attitudes towards fuel prices, added value services, shop products, and retailer brands, including supermarket brands where relevant.
- Make well-informed investments by identifying the most important and frequently used features and services at service stations.
- Tailor marketing campaigns to effectively target customers by understanding the profile of the forecourt shopper.
- Develop a lucrative convenience store offer by uncovering the product categories for which consumers want more variety.
- Plan defensive strategies by understanding the behavior of motorists who are switching between oil company and grocery branded retailers.
- Demonstrate customer empathy in your marketing messages by uncovering the measures being adopted by motorists to reduce their motoring expenses.
Reasons To Buy
- What measures are motorists taking to hedge against rising fuel prices? Are they comparing forecourt price boards or using online comparison websites?
- Are my customers switching to supermarkets for cheaper fuel? What other services should I provide to maintain my customer base?
- How does my customer base split by age, gender, marital status, and frequency of use of car, so that I can develop a suitable service proposition?
- Which products should be included or excluded from a forecourt shop´s mix so that maximum value can be generated from the available shelf space?
- Which fuel retailers are considered the best by motorists in terms of value for money for fuel, quality of shop offer, and customer service?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/Motori ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.