2013-01-14 01:15:21 - Motorist Behaviour and Implications at the Service Station: Italy - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
A large proportion of motorists are affected by fuel prices when selecting a service station in Italy and just less than half of all Italian motorists look at forecourt pricing boards before deciding where to fill up.
Value added services and ambience-related attributes of a service station have become much more important than before for Italian motorists. Pay-at-pump facilities and ATMs are the two most frequently used forecourt services in Italy.
In 2010, a quarter of all Italian motorists increased their car usage. Agip was voted the best fuel retailer by motorists in terms of fuel price, shop products and customer service.
Verdict has conducted a study of over 1,000 motorists in eight European countries to assess how their behaviour changed over the
second half of 2010. High oil prices and growing need for convenience are driving a major shift in motorists´ buying behavior and they consider various factors such as fuel price, value added services, shop products, and retailer brand, before deciding where to fill up.
- Make well-informed investments in value added services by identifying the most important and frequently used services/features at service stations.
- Tailor marketing campaigns to effectively target consumers by understanding the profile of your forecourt customers.
- Develop a lucrative convenience shop offer by uncovering the product categories for which consumers want more variety.
- Plan strategies to protect your market share by understanding the behavior of motorists who are switching between oil company and grocery brands.
- Plan ahead of your competitors by uncovering the measures being adopted by motorists to reduce their motoring expenses.
Reasons To Buy
- What measures are motorists taking to hedge against rising fuel prices? Are they comparing forecourt price boards or using online comparison websites?
- Are my customers switching to supermarkets for cheaper fuel? What other services should I provide to maintain my customer base?
- How does my customer base split by age, gender, marital status, and frequency of use of car, so that I can develop a suitable service proposition?
- Which products should be included or excluded from a forecourt shop´s mix so that maximum value can be generated from the available shelf space?
- Which fuel retailers are considered the best by motorists in terms of value for money for fuel, quality of shop offer, and customer service?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/Motori ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.