2014-01-24 13:55:01 - Multiple Sclerosis: KOL Insight - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The multiple sclerosis treatment landscape has undergone dramatic changes over the past year. Biogen´s Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate) has revolutionised multiple sclerosis treatment in the US, eroding significant market share from older therapies. However, patent concerns has stalled Tecfidera´s launch in Europe. Genzyme have taken advantage of this delay with Lemtrada´s (alemtuzumab) and Aubagio´s (teriflunomide) EU approval. The arrival of these drugs is expected to revolutionise multiple sclerosis treatment and be a catalyst for unprecedented market growth.
Driven by in-depth interviews with the world´s leading multiple sclerosis KOLs, Therapy Trends: Multiple Sclerosis uncovers how the current treatment landscape will be impacted by significant future events, with particular focus on pipeline therapies and how these will modify the way MS is managed by
neurologists in the future.
Multiple Sclerosis: The oral era begins examines the most prominent insights gained from the field´s key opinion leaders. Key benefits include:
- Unmet needs analysis to identify opportunities and address the challenges facing disease management
- Strategic mapping of future treatment algorithms based on KOL insight
- Commercial and clinical analysis of pipeline therapies
- In-depth, dynamic event impact assessments to evaluate current strategies and plans against new conditions
- Align investment and resource planning to future trends
- Know the story driving the trends
Multiple Sclerosis: The oral era begins answers key questions including:
- What are the key unmet needs? There is a high risk, high reward opportunity in the development of a therapy with efficacy for progressive subtypes.
- How will therapies will be positioned against each other in the future of MS treatment? Biogen´s new oral therapy BG-12 is expected to usurp the current market leaders and become the first-line therapy of choice.
- Where do neurologists position Lemtrada? Insight from 100 5EU prescribers on positioning and the likely strength of uptake at launch.
- How will treatment developments play out in the near future? Biogen´s activity in broadening its robust pipeline shows its resolve in maintaining its leading position in MS.
- Is there potential for new players in the lucrative MS market? New entrants are set to capture significant share and erode sales of the leading drugs.
- How will the launch of biosimilars affect prescribing behaviour? Pricing will be a key determinant in positioning and uptake.
- How will Teficdera´s European patent concerns affect its launch?
- Will the John Cunningham Virus test encourage earlier adoption of Tysabri? This offers the first example of personalised medicine; a trend that will aid uptake in future.
Reasons to Buy
Multiple Sclerosis Panel of Key Opinion Leaders
The MS KOL panel assembled for this Therapy Trends research is drawn from North America, Europe and Australia
- David Hafler, Chief and Chair of Neurology at Yale-New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, US
- Professor Douglas Jeffery, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology, the Department of Neurology, The Multiple Sclerosis and Movement Disorders Centre at Advance Neurology at Cornerstone Health Care Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US
- Professor Paul O´Connor, Professor, Division of Neurology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Professor Lawrence Steinman, Professor of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Pediatrics, and Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, California, US
- Professor and Medical Neurologist, MD, and expert in multiple sclerosis at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Canada (requested anonymous)
- Professor and Medical Neurologist, MD, and expert in multiple sclerosis at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, US (requested anonymous)
- Dr Mike Bogglid, Staff Specialist Neurologist, Townsville Hospital, University of Queensland, Australia
- Dr Patrick Vermersch, Department of Neurology, University of Lille North of France, HÃ´pital Roger Salengro, Lille, France
- Dr Heinz Wiendl, Department of Neurology, Neuroimmunology and Neuro-Oncology, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
- Dr Martin Wilson. Consultant Neurologist, Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery NHS Trust, Liverpool, UK
- Professor and Medical Neurologist, MD, and expert in multiple sclerosis at Centre Neurologique et de RÃ©adaptation Fonctionnelle, Fraiture-en-Condroz, Belgium (requested anonymous)
- Professor and Medical Neurologist, MD, and expert in multiple sclerosis at Heinrich-Heine University, DÃ¼sseldorf, Germany (requested anonymous)
Stay a step ahead with Therapy Trends Event Assessments. Over the next 12 months, you will receive updated qualitative analysis every time a major market event breaks. Updates will be delivered straight into your inbox within days of each event´s occurrence.
Whether it´s a predicted product approval or an unexpected late stage failure, Therapy Trends has the resources and knowledge to keep you up to date with the latest market analysis.
This report provides a qualitative assessment of the current and future Multiple Sclerosis market. Information was gathered from in-depth telephone interviews with twelve key opinion leaders (KOLs), from across the major Multiple Sclerosis markets, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the UK and the US. These regions were selected because they contain many of the largest global markets for the pharmaceutical industry, and also dictate the dynamics of Pharma markets in other countries.
In order to critically select Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) a number of parameters were considered including their clinical experience, scientific publications, involvement with Pharma, involvement in clinical trials, and record of presenting at high profile international conferences.
Subject matter for discussion in the interviews covered future diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for Multiple Sclerosis, the future drug classes, and new drugs entering the market. These leading KOLs also gave their views on current research, the usefulness of existing drug classes, the cost of newer drugs and other concerns in the therapy area.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.